If You Were Buying a new PC TM, which model would you chose?

R

R W

I'm maybe shopping around for a new TM, and I've got PC dealers close buy.
I do like the BIG machines.
Any comments??

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
If you want big and a Prochem the 650 is the way to go.

All of my Everest customers love theirs and we never see them in the shop unless they're in for normal maintenance.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
My DISTY sold me a maintence plan for 600.00....covers EVERYTHING & services
the unit every 100 hrs.....FOR ZERO DENERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Great deal................

CleanEvo

Yes... Everest 650, my dealer has sold quite a few of them and they are a sweet machine. If I stick with Prochem, it's the machine I would get next time around.

Chris A

Name
Chris
aren't those bastards even bigger than Rob's Genesis he has now?

Name
Kevin McCreary
When I demoed that 650 with 2 wands at 150 each I don't think I could sleep at night
if I used that in my customers house. Even worse with 2 RX 20's. Sure it did the job, but
it was like using two entry level machines. Pretty weak compared to a Genesis 59 a Titan or Vortex.
I think they should of used the next size up blower or eliminated some of the back pressure restrictions
or something. One one wand was off the floor you could really tell. The heat was really good and it sounded
pretty! I tested all three slide ins the Genny, the Titan and the 650. The genny was the cheapest and had the best vac,
the Titan was the same price as the 650 but had much better vac. I wasn't real fond of some of the genny reviews
I have seen on this board so I went with the Titan. I also know a cleaner that has 2 650's and has had engine trouble
with both of them.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Kevin,

We certainly don't get the same results you speak of......

We dual-wand every day & have great dry times....

My question to you is ? Was the demo with 2in hose......

If it was 2in....your findings would not suprise me.....

We run 2.5 vac hose....and we HAVE to run Green Glides or you can't push the wand.....
Why have the big blower if it can't BREATH....we also adjusted our vac-Relief to 16hg...
We still have terriffic HEAT...and REDUCED our fuel consumpsion by 22%....

The earlier model 650 HP...had some radiator issues.....Problem is corrected on 08 models..
This might have been your freinds motor issues?????

Name
Kevin McCreary
Both of his where timing belt issues that wrecked the valves.
I used my own 2 inch glided tools, but yes it was 2inch hose.
I wanted to put it in a regular van and don't really want to carry around 2.5 inch. Imagine
what the Titan and Genesis would do with 2.5. Plus I have techs, too many bells and whistles,
sure I could run it, but how about a 29 year old female?
How did you come up with the 22%?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
EVEREST 650(408 cfm Triflow) or EVEREST 650 HP (650 cfm Triflow blower) ??????

Not that much Differance between your Tuthill 5009 & my GD 650....if any ????

The Everest IMHO should never be installed in a van....My Everest is mounted in the 12ft. NPR
in my avatar...We have electric hose reels & the 2.5 vac is not an issue to set-up.....

Just 50ft of 2.5 vac. on the TITAN .....Would BLOW your mind.....the machine runs so much
smoother......and you will NEVER have an HEAT issue with on any HM..they are HHOOOTTTT!!!
Your dry time would drop by at least 30 min...(Not that they are not Good now!!)

Fuel usage was very EASY....Isuzu is a deisel...Custom 10 gal. SS fuel tank for machine...
There is no fuel gauge on tank...Stock 2in hose 5.6 hrs per tank.. 2.5 hose 6.7 hrs per tank.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
RW.

Dont' make the mistake I did!!!!!!!

I bought the APEX...being sold that it is a DUAL WAND machine....NOT !!!!

I kept it 2 weeks & traded it in for the EVEREST.....Yes it is over-kill for residental....
BUT the power is always there when you NEED it......WE very rarely use the 3000 psi
feature...We had one of our van blow a oil line on a commercial job. (HIGH END GOLF COURSE)
Saturated the NEW pavers.....Cranked up pressure 2500 PSI & saved our ARSE.......

I have heard mixed reports on the TITAN......Nothing real bad... I was leary of the machine
due to little or no track record with larger motors.....PROCHEM has a great track record with
the 805 & 405 performers....

PS The HP feature is great to wash the unit with at the end the day !!!!! (Mobile Car Wash)

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
I have the Prochem Apex. I wrapped the exaust and will be converting to 4 to the door this week. I think it is a TON of power and the heat maintains about 240 degrees consistant with my exaust wrapped.

I really couldn't imagine needing anymore power for residential or commercial. We've also dual wanded with it, it maintained HOT water and good suction on Commercial Glue down...

You can't go wrong with the everest or apex in my opinon.

Here is my experience in a demo with the 650. I hooked up two 100 ft sections of 2 inch hose to the machine. I left one hose unplugged or no tool and the other tool with my 4 jet wand hooked to it. The machine has idle, low, single wand, and dual wand settings. I had the machine in low or upholstery setting with two hoses hooked to the mahcine. I could not tell any loss in vacuum with one hose unplugged. The vacuum was awesome. When I bumped the setting up to high or two wands, the vacuum was unreal and I knew this mahcine would easily dual wand. I don't know what kind of heat it will maintain at different flows, but the vacuum is more than enough to clean with 250 feet of hose on the low upholstery setting. The only problem I had with the 650 was how long it took to cool down to 180 degrees or less. My legend cools down in 30 seconds. It took atleast a couple minutes for the everest 650

Greenie

that apex is a pretty nice machine, I was looking at the kubota and 408 blower, and I beleive it had a general emporer pump, very nice components, with the helicoil coolant HX and liquid cooled 31hp and that 500cfm blower heat, there isn't a reason in the word it wouldn't perform well on a high flow wand, and 2.5 hose package.

only thing I'd like to see in a BIG midrange machien would be a 3 cyl. diesel powerplant, I think the future will bring us more small diesel vans like europe, so a small diesel TM would be a good investment for years and years of operation and performance....some day the Americans will kick our love affair with gasoline and embrace diesel or diesel hybrids more readily, maybe it'll take $5 a gal petroleum to do so.

MerCrewser

Greenie said:
that apex is a pretty nice machine, I was looking at the kubota and 408 blower, and I beleive it had a general emporer pump, very nice components, with the helicoil coolant HX and liquid cooled 31hp and that 500cfm blower heat, there isn't a reason in the word it wouldn't perform well on a high flow wand, and 2.5 hose package.

only thing I'd like to see in a BIG midrange machien would be a 3 cyl. diesel powerplant, I think the future will bring us more small diesel vans like europe, so a small diesel TM would be a good investment for years and years of operation and performance....some day the Americans will kick our love affair with gasoline and embrace diesel or diesel hybrids more readily, maybe it'll take $5 a gal petroleum to do so.

I love diesels as much as the next guy. But why the initial investment when the bigger commercial gas engines last so long? The Nissan engines outlast the machinery they're put in, and I expect the same out of the 1.6 GMs. The newer diesels in trucks today seem to be expensive to maintain and don't seem to last much longer than the gas counterpart. I will stick with pushrod GM power for both the truck and truckmount for my next purchase.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom