IICRC going global

randy

Name
Randy
It's an organization that outlived it's usefulness to carpet cleaners long ago, trying desperately to find relevance in an industry that has figured it out. Cleaners all over the country are allowing their "credentials" to expire as they realize what a waste of money the IICRC is. Many new cleaners are skipping it altogether.

The only bigger waste for a carpet cleaner would be the yellow pages. Once upon a time new cleaners were coached by industry veterans to get the largest yellow page ad they could finance and get certified by the IICRC. Now many veterans are telling new guys to forget the yellow pages, take a few classes maybe BUT FORGET IICRC CERTIFICATION IT'S A JOKE.

When the IICRC betrayed the rank n file cleaner in pursuit of an agenda that was designed to fatten the wallet of a few non-cleaners, AT THE EXPENSE OF THE CLEANER they committed the unpardonable sin and is 100% deserving of eternal avoidance by all cleaners.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I agree with almost everything said here. The only issue that keeps me from dropping the certification altogether is being able to do the warranty work for carpet retailers. Tell me if I am wrong in the fact that I thought (and the carpet retailers believe) that you have to be certified IICRC before you can do warranty work on carpets. I get work from 4 carpet retailers and this is a great avenue to pick up future customers. However, I would drop it in a heartbeat if I thought I could and not lose that business.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
BLewis said:
I agree with almost everything said here. The only issue that keeps me from dropping the certification altogether is being able to do the warranty work for carpet retailers. Tell me if I am wrong in the fact that I thought (and the carpet retailers believe) that you have to be certified IICRC before you can do warranty work on carpets. I get work from 4 carpet retailers and this is a great avenue to pick up future customers. However, I would drop it in a heartbeat if I thought I could and not lose that business.

I hate to say this, but I'm no longer certified and I do mill work occasionally. I don't like waiting 90 days to get paid.

randy

Name
Randy
BLewis said:

Hey if you need the warranty work by all means renew your certification. Just don't get carried away with it and get 15-20 certifications. When you do your annual fee skyrockets to upwards of $500 a year . That's overkill, dropping your certification if you need the warranty work would be foolhardy and not something even I would recommend (and I hate the IICRC as much as anyone). Seriously taking carry of that precious baby still has to be your number 1 priority. Everything else is a secondary concern at best.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom