IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician Class

freshandclean

Since I sold my disaster restoration business I have focused on my carpet cleaning business. First thing I did was lurk around Mikeysfest in San Diego reminding myself and getting a feel of the wand pushers again and seeing what is new and what is old.
I took three IICRC classes since then, RFMT by Bill Luallen, CPT by James Tole, and LCT by Pamela Villagomez. All were great classes with great info and stories we could relate to.
But LCT was all new for me.. New in the respect that cleaning leather , even protected leather, has changed because of the newer products introduced over the last five years. What am I talking about? the absence of hardener in the hardcoat finish on the protected leathers.
I brought in a 4 year old double recliner, in two tone brown leather, hardcoat finish, that had lost some colour around the arms, to work on in class. Ten years ago when I followed the practices of Tony Wheelwright and Roger Koh, I would never have been able to clean and colour repair a leather couch on site in a couple of hours. I would have had to pick it up and work in my shop on it for a week.
Anyways, the work was done in less than two hours and that included touching up two areas that lost colour from cleaning due to the "soft" hardcoat on the leather.

The instructor Pamela was hands on all the way. More than half the class was hands on. She did the cleaning and repairs as well. I would recommend to all in the business to seek her out and learn from her. We are leaving easy money on the table!
Check it out https://www.damagedleathersolutions.com/

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Mikey P

Administrator
Since I sold my disaster restoration business I have focused on my carpet cleaning business. First thing I did was lurk around Mikeysfest in San Diego reminding myself and getting a feel of the wand pushers again and seeing what is new and what is old.
I took three IICRC classes since then, RFMT by Bill Luallen, CPT by James Tole, and LCT by Pamela Villagomez. All were great classes with great info and stories we could relate to.
But LCT was all new for me.. New in the respect that cleaning leather , even protected leather, has changed because of the newer products introduced over the last five years. What am I talking about? the absence of hardener in the hardcoat finish on the protected leathers.
I brought in a 4 year old double recliner, in two tone brown leather, hardcoat finish, that had lost some colour around the arms, to work on in class. Ten years ago when I followed the practices of Tony Wheelwright and Roger Koh, I would never have been able to clean and colour repair a leather couch on site in a couple of hours. I would have had to pick it up and work in my shop on it for a week.
Anyways, the work was done in less than two hours and that included touching up two areas that lost colour from cleaning due to the "soft" hardcoat on the leather.

The instructor Pamela was hands on all the way. More than half the class was hands on. She did the cleaning and repairs as well. I would recommend to all in the business to seek her out and learn from her. We are leaving easy money on the table!
Check it out https://www.damagedleathersolutions.com/

Im going to talk to her soon about coming to my next Fest in South Carolina

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom