IICRC - RIA agreement

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The old IICRC burned a lot of bridges in the past, including with individual certificant holders, but this press announcement is a clear indication that it's a new day. When a top-tier organization like the RIA (that quit IICRC over issues of ethics) is working with the Clean Trust, it can only mean much improved standards and courses and that the new guys are not afraid to work with other organizations.

The Clean Trust just might become a model organization in our industry.

RIA and The Clean Trust Sign Memorandum of Understanding
Organizations encourage spirit of cooperation between members

(ROCKVILLE, Md.) February 17, 2012 – The board of directors of the Restoration Industry Association (RIA) and the board of directors of The Clean Trust have approved a memorandum of understanding (MOU) that will establish a working relationship between both organizations.

Under the MOU, the senior executive leadership of each organization will keep the other aware of applicable functions and activities related to natural disaster mitigation measures, indoor environmental issues and other issues of shared interest to increase cooperation and coordination between the organizations. This shared knowledge will help RIA members and Clean Trust registrants provide leadership and promote best practices through advocacy, standards and professional qualifications.

“RIA is very pleased that our organizations have entered into this agreement,” said RIA president Frank Headen, CR, WLS, CMH. “The spirit of cooperation is already evident between our organizations and the recent changes at The Clean Trust will benefit everyone involved in the restoration, cleaning and inspection industry. RIA looks forward to working with The Clean Trust on a number of initiatives that will only serve to strengthen the industry.”

In addition, The Clean Trust and RIA will support and promote each other’s public awareness and education efforts. The organizations will meet annually to evaluate the progress and implementation of the MOU.

“With The Clean Trust’s certification programs and standard setting capabilities, we are in a position to assist allied industry associations, like RIA,” said Darrell Paulson, The Clean Trust chairman. “Collaboration with others in the industry will continue to propel our mission to further advance the industry and provide the best value available to all stakeholders.”

John Watson

Well, at least something is getting done, finaly, Still glad I closed up shop. Aint joining nothen nomo, jest gotta pay my aarp dues an don'ts.

Cudo's to the hard working guys an gals at The Clean Trust..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That is a great sign!

Frank Headen is a good businessman I'm sure he could see it's in the best interest for both groups to work together.

Just think of how much further we would be, had certain individuals been working for the good of the people instead of what was good for themselves. Oh well, back on track we go! 8)

Name
Lee Stockwell
Very good news.

There are several great people I only wish had lived to see this new direction.

Thanks for the update Bryan.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Sounds good
However, it is still to be seen if the Clean Trust will act on behalf of the people (cleaners) that make the organizations that support it.

Or would it rather cater to the CRI and the likes. Promoting rug doctor, and other big pocket companies, as the standard bearers for quality leaders in this very industry.

They'd better prove themselves worthy, as the likes of me are sick and tired from their years of neglect.
It is a very narrow window of opportunity, I did just renew, that I would personally give them to make it right.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I still can't get over how terrible the name "clean trust" is. if they wanted to change the name fine, but why limit the scope of the organization by implying in its name its geared mostly toward cleaning. as far as I am concerned I don't really need certifications in cleaning, but I do need them in water and fire damage. in that arena there are all sorts of legal issues that make it such that standards do help and are very much needed. I think the whole thing is going to fold up and fracture because of the name change and its cleaning connotation.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Doesn't most of restoration involve the cleaning of things though? Other than some plumbing, drywall, carpet and painting most of our work involves cleaning the environment. I really couls care less what they name is though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Kind of funny how the group with the crummy name change to Clean Trust (from IICRC) is making a deal with the group with the crummy name change to RIA (from ASCR).

I guess business must be down for both to be seeking collaboration. Funny how cash flow creates new bed fellows. =)

Hope it works this time... just please wash the sheets.

Lisa

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
LisaWagnerCRS said:
Kind of funny how the group with the crummy name change to Clean Trust (from IICRC) is making a deal with the group with the crummy name change to RIA (from ASCR).

I guess business must be down for both to be seeking collaboration. Funny how cash flow creates new bed fellows. =)

Hope it works this time... just please wash the sheets.

Lisa

LOL- Love it!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You're Lisa I hated that name change too!

Whom ever these people are hiring lacks creativy.

Restoration Industry Association. REALLY? That was the best they could come up with?

How many 10's of thousands did it cost for that name. Geeeezzzzz folks it's not that hard to find creative people.

Clean Trust is better than Carpet Cleaners Association. :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom