IICRC S20 and Mold Encapulates?

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi guys:

I am inspectiing a house where the Remidiators 'encapsulated" the mold. I do not have a new S520 and need to quote the paragragh pertaining to that by Monday-before I can get one in the mail. Can anyone please send me the quotation?

Sincerely,
Dale
www.flooringinspector.com

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Guys:

Please if anybody has a S520? I only have untl tomorrow to get a report done.

Sincerely,
Dale

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Never mind the site has a runtime error. I'm couch surfing for the next week or I would drive into the office for you. I could have Lora help you out tomorrow but that's to late for you. Hopefully someone else can help you out. In the mean time this should be a lesson to everyone. You should have a copy of every standard since the day you started and even if you don't "do that" you should take the class get the certification and have a copy of the standards because you never know when that knowledge will make you a hero with your customer.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
4.4 Contamination Removal
Physically removing mold contamination is the primary means of remediation. Mold contamination should be
physically removed from the structure, systems and contents to return them to Condition 1. Attempts to kill,
encapsulate or inhibit mold instead of proper source removal generally are not adequate.
Here it is.

You really should invest in a S520 Mold Standard if you're in the business of writing reports concerning the document.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Thanks guys:

I really appreciate the help and advice. I do own an S520 which the best I can figure-I left in a case that was in a wrecked car. I am waiting on the new 2013 version before I buy another.....

Sincerely

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Since the standard isn't out yet then you need that current one. Everything you do now is under the current standard. Everything you do after the new standard will be under that standard. The standards don't go away when a new one comes out. If called into court for a job in 2002 Richard wouldn't be held to the 2013 standard but the standard that was known in 2002. I have to explain this every water class with guys saying they want to wait because they heard a new one is coming out and they don't want to buy more then one. They are like deer in headlights when I explain it to them especially when I tell them that they have to keep all their water loss files for damn near forever. Construction guys seem to be the worst. They think paper work and meters and charts are
unnecessary. Luckily Utah is a sue happy state but as more and more Californians move in restoration companies are going to see more and more lawsuits. They have learned all you have to do is sue a buisness and it's a payday. Thank Erin Brocovich for that. I wouldn't ever do a mold job in California.

Back
Top Bottom