IICRC - will they stand up or bend over?

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
(I posted this over on ICS and CF... but for the special group here, I changed the subject to my original title, which never would have passed the censors over on the other boards...)

==

Seems that we are about to learn something VERY interesting VERY soon about the Executive Committee of IICRC.

You see... CRI has approached them about wanting to add "IICRC Certified" to their list of being SOA approved.

(Do you think we will see CCT for Rug Doctors? It would need to be a 5 day class instead of 2 just to allow for proper dry time....)

This is a litmus test.

You see, CRI is not dumb. They decided to "give" IICRC the opportunity to write a standard for Carpet Installation (HELLO! The carpet standard is EIGHT years old, and upholstery TEN... maybe we have enough work to do?)

Never mind that there already exists a carpet installation standard (by CFI - the carpet flooring installers). Never mind they don't really enforce that standard... which many of you learn first hand when you are cleaning it. :)

But HEY... it's MONEY! A standard to write. I think the standards advisor gets a nice 6 figures in registration dues - and I'm sure IICRC gets some other perks as well.

Plusss.... well, CRI would be telling others about IICRC. (I'm wondering though - would they enforce that? I hear SOA 'approved' David Hebert does NOT use a Platinum Rug Doctor... will it be all talk? And another question - does being certified mean you are a great cleaner in this day and age? That's a topic for another thread...)

This IS a sticky situation.

And as we know... CRI does not know how to clean sticky soil. Only dry particulates.

So IICRC - if they adhere to the MISSION statement that Tony posted up here, then they would express STRONG concerns about the SOA program, and make recommendations to change it.

But... that risks angering the BIG group with BIGGER dollars. Heck, they might take their standard and just go home.

And if they decided to get into bed with the SOA program, and just look past the GLARING flaws in this system, just for the bucks... then where is the integrity to the profession they represent?

That's kinda like staying with a cheating husband because he buys you nice gifts. He's no good, but you look past it for the bling.

So this is why it will be interesting to see what happens. Because IICRC has cleaned up a lot of pollution within their leadership ranks these past few years... and I'm curious to see if it's clean enough to make them take a stand on behalf of the cleaners, and their own quality standards... or if the only goal is the promise of perhaps more dollars in certification fees.

Have a voice? Speak up! (Thank you.)

Lisa

http://www.realdirtoncri.wordpress.com

P.S. I know many of you are IICRC certified... after Tony W. posted their mission statement, that's what got me thinking about this upcoming meeting of theirs, and wondering what the conversations will be on it. There are a lot of good people on that board right now... I'm just not sure how "clean" the executive committee is. The mission doesn't say make decisions based on the best financial opportunities (they are non-profit... though some do make some nice cash...) - but on the uplifting of the standards within our profession.

So... we going to take bets on this one?

randy

Name
Randy
You're witnessing the last days of the IICRC if they go forward with this. Frankly I hope they do.
The Ruth & Jeffrey SHOW pretty much killed off whatever "real " credibility the IICRC ever had, but this has the potential to end it for good. When the cleaners that are in the dark about SOA (probably 75%) find out what is occurring and UNDERSTAND THE LONG TERM RAMIFICATIONS they are going to be pissed.

There will be a mass exodus of registrants & CERTIFIED FIRMS. This will prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the IICRC is no friend of the cleaner. So why the hell should we support it ? Why send them money (for dam near nothing) year after year?

Save your money people, those bums have taken enough $$$ off the cleaner.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I've been thinking the same thing Randy. If the cleaner starts to get screwed more by the mills, and put it together that the organization that was suppose be helping them is involved its not going to be good. Personally I'd have to wait till someone else started designing and offering education before I'd sign up for another class.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Randy

Would you please post your thoughts on Lisa's blog? That would help a great deal, believe me.

Burtz

it's the day in day out cleaner that gets it in the ass
weither it be the iicrc or the soa cri fbi cia irs

j]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfgZH8kFAKcj]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom