Illness Cleaning

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
WOW!

just got a call where the wife and husband were both admitted to ICU for Respiratory Issues. CDC requested samples for testing as they have no idea what is causing it. He is still in Quarantine, she was.

Long story short, the wife is being discharged today and the Cleaning Question came to me.

I stopped her w Biological and coordinated with the local SP franchise. Be interesting to see what this project entails.

Where would you start with something like this?

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
i'd start bye running as fast as i could.......

jus call it a shotgun lawsuit.......

Not only that crossed my mind, but cross contamination really freaks me out!

Plus, I know that I can not provide the type or level of service they are NEEDING so.............

I ran REEEALLLLY fast : )

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd want to know what it is we are fighting. Is it airborne? or Do we only need to concern ourselves with touch point surfaces?
That will determine what PPE we will need and what our target is as far as cleaning.

I'd only be guessing since you/she didn't mention what it is we are after. ??? I'd guess tyvek suit, latex gloves, eye protection (could be safety glasses or face shield). A blacklight as can peroxide spray can help you on inspection of what might be affected but generally wash all touch points, apply biocide and test for efficacy with ATP meter (this is where a meter is handy). Simple stuff really, PPE and detailed cleaning. Luminometer to validate you did what you were hired to do.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I'd want to know what it is we are fighting. Is it airborne? or Do we only need to concern ourselves with touch point surfaces?
That will determine what PPE we will need and what our target is as far as cleaning.

I'd only be guessing since you/she didn't mention what it is we are after. ??? I'd guess tyvek suit, latex gloves, eye protection (could be safety glasses or face shield). A blacklight as can peroxide spray can help you on inspection of what might be affected but generally wash all touch points, apply biocide and test for efficacy with ATP meter (this is where a meter is handy). Simple stuff really, PPE and detailed cleaning. Luminometer to validate you did what you were hired to do.

Full PPE would be my suggestion on this one. Seeing as how both of the occupants were eventually Quarantined. Two kids and one did become ill, just not near as bad and was released early.

Real Deal right here Doc, wish you was A lot closer!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes see that kind of thing on occasion.

Lots of times it's in assisted living homes or retirement communities but it can happen anywhere. We've cleaned businesses and university class rooms, homes and daycares. Lots of bugs spread fast but generally these are by direct contact. So as long as you don't touch your mouth and wash after cleaning, you are protected well by your PPE.

Reactions: GCCLee
Back
Top Bottom