I'm amazed all truck mounts do come with siphon feeds..

Mikey P

Administrator
Based on what I'm seeing usage wise in my 1500 psi chem pump on my AT, siphon systems like I have on my Vortex and C4 use probably 10 to 15 time as much rinse agent, I'd not more..
An on demand system with a 7 gallon mix jug goes a looooonnnggg waaaayyy..

Where I was using 3 to 5 gallons on a good size home in now using just an "inch or two"..

$170 for a new chemical pump is a bargain. ..

View attachment 3020

View attachment 3021

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

Look at the name on that "pulse-pump".

It is a General part on a Cat.

The shame . . .

On the siphon system . . .

we have no trouble metering down to a fraction of a gal/hour, on our 5 GPH Dwyer valve.

Larry

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
And what rinse works at a fraction of a gallon per hour?

On the vortex with its huge "water box" its an incredible waste of chemical and since it's not Last Step, it contaminates your fresh water..

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I can not believe you called me with this pissy problem of the week. At issue here is ... WHAT? Is less chemical better in this situation?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
The siphon system on my PowerClean only draws when the transfer pump comes on to fill the mix tank.

Mikey P

Administrator
I can not believe you called me with this pissy problem of the week. At issue here is ... WHAT? Is less chemical better in this situation?

You see Marty when I sent you that chemical to test I assumed you were going to test it. If I had known that you use a pos siphon system with your jug on the floor so that you are attempting to defy gravity, I would never have bothered.

and I like talking to you rednecks, that accent makes me feel so much better about myself.

and in a nutshell, this thread is all about how much money I'll be saving on rinses.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Where I was using 3 to 5 gallons on a good size home in now using just an "inch or two"..

I'm not sure i understand
I have a siphon feed and can meter juice form nothing to 5gph.
Nothing goes into the water box the pump draws from either

no Dwyer meter on you other rigs??
what kind of hillbilly rig you gots??

..L.T.A.

Mike Draper

10-15 times mike? come on'. I'm a little OCD so I'm installing a chem pump on mine as well. I've ran and tracked very closely the metering on my chem flow vs the hours it has run. About 75% of the time its right on, sometimes it goes FUBAR though and it drives me nuts. Well see how much less I'm using when the chem pump is installed.

Mikey P

Administrator
I mean to say that percentage compared to my V, on the C4 it's more like 2 to 4 times more.

Sorry, toilet typing on a 6 inch screen can be rough.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
My POS gravity feed on the Genesis works well, if you have great water pressure from the house, and the APO isn't drawing prime water, and the Kinetico isn't recharging........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom