I'm broke down.

Tonight I was cleaning a restaurant. We got halfway through the job and I decided to mix up some more detergent. I noticed the service engine light was on. I thought I could finish. The machine shut down so I drained the tank. Then when I cranked it up black soot was coming out of the exhaust. I am getting an error code (45).

I come home to get my back up truck which I ran three days ago and now it won't even crank.

:roll:

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Well, Im sorry. If I was closer I could come give u a truck.. Do you have a good TM mechanic you can use?

I'm curious where can I find the service codes for the EVEREST?

The machine flashes 1-2 when everything is ok.

If something is wrong, it will flash 1-2 three times when the key is engaged and then start flashing the code. I get four flashes followed by five for 45.

What is that code?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
45 appears to be a rich condition at the oxygen sensor, which would fit with the black sooty exhaust. A stuck injector, perhaps?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ohhhh what a bitch...had that happen once....

damn relay....

was able to call a guy to come help....was 75 miles from my house :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

needless to say after paying him and my gas and worker i made nada,,,,,BUT it got done

The result was foam got sucked into the blower. :roll:

The black stuff coming out was just dirty water.

Why the error code came on is a mystery to me. We reset the ECU and no problems. The service engine light did not come on.

I ran the machine all day with no problems.

I got the pump oil changed this morning.

Next week I am going to get some new plugs put in.

The blower oil is going to be a pita. I honestly don't know how they are going to change the oil, but I was told it would take several hours to complete. There is no access to the drain.

Does the blower have to be lifted out?

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
No, and I'm not sure why it would take several hours to complete unless there is some other issue.

Get one of these and you can do it yourself in about 15 minutes (after warmup)

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/st ... _sku=93490

There are less expensive units out there, they start at $19 and go up from there, will work on your water pump as well.

Get the blower to full operating temp first, shut it down, remove the top oil plugs, stick the dip tub down through the gears, and draw it out.

Clean off the fill sights and fill er up.

Use the Aeon PD blower oil - you'll be able to go longer between changes.

indyallpro said:
No, and I'm not sure why it would take several hours to complete unless there is some other issue.

Get one of these and you can do it yourself in about 15 minutes (after warmup)

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/st ... _sku=93490

There are less expensive units out there, they start at $19 and go up from there, will work on your water pump as well.

Get the blower to full operating temp first, shut it down, remove the top oil plugs, stick the dip tub down through the gears, and draw it out.

Clean off the fill sights and fill er up.

Use the Aeon PD blower oil - you'll be able to go longer between changes.

Wow.

As of now there is no way to reach the drain plug without removing the blower.

I'll have to share this info with my supplier.

Thanks.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
WEST Marine is a great place to wander arounf. You will see all kinds of stuff you can use

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
if your supplier dont know about how to do it....

get a new supplier...lol

if you do it your self....try to park so it tips to the site glass side just a bit.....that way the oil runs that way, and you can suck more of it out...

of course move back to level when you fill it

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i don't know the layout but you should be able to add a permanent drain line like on most pumps and run it to a convenient spot. fix it once and be done with it. easy from then on. thats what i did with my radiator drain. All the other drains already have them.

gene

Back
Top Bottom