I'm going to be perfectly honest here..

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm pretty bad at making sure my on board softener gets regen'd every fifty hours.

Usually it's more like 80 to 100, and I really cant tell a damn difference.

our Kinetico on the Aerotech hasnt worked for a year or more and our rental service for the Everest for one tank a month probably isn't often enough and, yep, my guys cant tell a diff.

but I sure hope the plumbing stays twinky filling free if nuttin else.

Translated from latin for Marty: Water softeners are probably bullshit.

and those RO fags are full of something.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
same Kinetico water softener on the truck for almost 9 years...a few years ago when I pulled the HX apart it still looked brand new......

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Cleaning wise I can't really tell a difference either, but I do cut back a bit on chemical usage.

It does make a major difference in keeping TM plumbing clean if your water is bad, though.

Mikey P

Administrator
So what about the DI/RO guys who say they never have to pre scrub or use a rinse, or post spot and they never get call backs or pimples?
Are they completely full of shit?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I’ve always said this
And y’all just said my water must not be hard enough
One day you’ll listen to me
CRB’s are not all that either

it is true...if you have good water...then no water softener is needed....where I am...we would be descaling every month without one.......I have never descaled mine since I have had it....as far as the CRB....your wrong....so just sit there in all your wrongness and be wrong.....

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Just put a little bit of soda ash in the rinse jug. Boom! your water is softer for only $4 a box

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Wouldn't your theory prove more effective if the ash were added to the fresh tank?
I wouldn't feel comfortable if that water was going through the heat exchanger. I just look at the QC and see a white film on the nipple. I don't want that film building up in my HE coils.

The water feels slimy already, which tells me that it's already softer

steve_64

I never felt those mounted softeners get regenerated enough to be really effective. Especially if you don't know the water quality of your water source.

Iron in the water will turn white carpets orange.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
you can purchase a tds meter online that will let you know how many particulates are in your water. hard water ruins interal components.

Mikey P

Administrator
Marty is right about a lot of fads that come and go but not his laziness to use a CRB.
If he had an extended 10" his gimpy old ass would use one.

I can't imagine he's pulling out a 175 at his age.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
490002.jpg

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'm pretty bad at making sure my on board softener gets regen'd every fifty hours.

Usually it's more like 80 to 100, and I really cant tell a damn difference.

our Kinetico on the Aerotech hasnt worked for a year or more and our rental service for the Everest for one tank a month probably isn't often enough and, yep, my guys cant tell a diff.

but I sure hope the plumbing stays twinky filling free if nuttin else.

Translated from latin for Marty: Water softeners are probably bullshit.

and those RO fags are full of something.....

Or it still works without a recharge as often as you think.

I will throw a scoop or two of Procyon plus in my 120 gal fresh tank.

If I have to refill away from my softener

Name
La Canada Carpet Cleaning
I use soft water just mostly for equipment and less juice, been playing with DI water and it really rinses nice, especially the fels spotter residue. Rinses away the way faster then soft water. Still not sold on it, local auto detail supply has a hose i fill up tank with

Reactions: Mikey P

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I use soft water just mostly for equipment and less juice, been playing with DI water and it really rinses nice, especially the fels spotter residue. Rinses away the way faster then soft water. Still not sold on it, local auto detail supply has a hose i fill up tank with

That’s true window washers swear by DI and there’s no streaks or hardwater deposits yeah!

Reactions: DAT and Fat Mike

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We added a Softener into the shop because we don't charge the onboard units enough.

It has helped and we Descale less.

We have had a couple units plug up in our past from mineral content and especially hot water.

We do see better water and on some situations (with our water) better cleaning in some situations.

Reactions: SamIam

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
No wfp ro/di yet. I will make that purchase after I get my TM. Ladder and squeegee for the time being.

Reactions: Fat Mike

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
My partner has all the maths as to why soft water is better. Me all I see is soft water tends to make the soap more bubbly.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
do you have ro or di yet?
i have a backup hi mod carbon
but i have an aluminum tucker i dont use.
In my window washing years, I had a tucker pole also. I hated how the stupid pill container wasn't able to attach itself to the handle or on my belt. It had a good chemistry, just not good compatibility with the user. When that pole was fully extended, it wore me out. I don't know what was easier...using the tucker or just climbing a ladder

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
In my window washing years, I had a tucker pole also. I hated how the stupid pill container wasn't able to attach itself to the handle or on my belt. It had a good chemistry, just not good compatibility with the user. When that pole was fully extended, it wore me out. I don't know what was easier...using the tucker or just climbing a ladder

yea if i had to use tucker it would be 2nd floor only. my hi mod carbon is only a little over 5lbs. i remove sections as i come down also. this helps with fatigue

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom