butler2.jpg

OK heres another shot....
butler1.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
ACE said:
How much do you charge to do an install after the rebuild?
Install is generally about 10 hrs give or take.......
I sold a unit to a guy in the Virgin Islands....and talked him through the install over the phone

jimn

One bad ars machine. I see ceramic coated headers (BB or SB?) and a Cat pump (good combination). All that is missing is a big blower and a PowerClean Logo. shiteatinggrin

Hmmmm.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
bob vawter said:
Jimbo said:
Nice projects, Bob!
Let's see now..
i gots FOUR machine projects going....
all at the same time.....
This Butler is one weird machine...the Genies are built WAY WAY better

bAWb..I OWNNED A 96 BULER...If you have any ???..I can TRY to hep.. :D

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
HARPER said:
bob vawter said:
Jimbo said:
Nice projects, Bob!
Let's see now..
i gots FOUR machine projects going....
all at the same time.....
This Butler is one weird machine...the Genies are built WAY WAY better

bAWb..I OWNNED A 96 BULER...If you have any ???..I can TRY to hep.. :D
WHURR DO I START?
WTF does it have a pulsation damper.....
i don get what you guys SEE in a Butler...even the press reg is BRASS....
.Do you havta PULL that schroud ever time to work on it,,,,

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
jimn said:
One bad ars machine. I see ceramic coated headers (BB or SB?) and a Cat pump (good combination). All that is missing is a big blower and a PowerClean Logo. shiteatinggrin

Hmmmm.
BB
8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q55FqNICZpc8]

joe harper

Name
joe harper
WTF does it have a pulsation damper.....
i don get what you guys SEE in a Butler...even the press reg is BRASS....
.Do you havta PULL that schroud ever time to work on it,,,,[/quote]

Same reason other machine's have an accumulator..."protect the pump"

I like the QD set-up..on the PR..pop-it off & take inside in freezing weather...

Not always..But it sure is perty...
HARPERPIC093-1.jpg

HARPERPIC091-1.jpg

HARPERPIC090-1.jpg

HARPERPIC089.jpg

HARPERPIC077.jpg

HARPERPIC067.jpg

HARPERPIC071.jpg

HARPERPIC092.jpg

See what your equipment will look like after 5500hours....
If you will clean your FiLtHy WASTE TANK.... :p

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
WOW great pics...thanks Harpman........
I'm over whelmed wit work right now.....
i MAY put this on the back burner for a while

joe harper

Name
joe harper
bob vawter said:
WOW great pics...thanks Harpman........
I'm over whelmed wit work right now.....
i MAY put this on the back burner for a while

I just posted another pic..ABOVE...check out the HOUR METER.... :shock:

"PREVENATIVE MAINTANCE"........ :wink:

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Don't ask Harper technical questions, Bawb. Especially about a Butler. LOL :) :D Ivebeensold shiteatinggrin :oops: :twisted:

He has no idea why.

The Butler has a pulsation dampener because it uses a "parasitic" style chemical pump system. The Chemical pump uses, or "scavenges" the pulsations from one of the pump cylinders to pulse the chem pump diaphragm for its operation. In doing so, it robs a great deal of the pump displacement from that one cylinder, inducing a moderate pulsation in the main pump output. Instead of the pump being a fully fledged three cylinder pump, its closer to a two and 1/2 cylinder, because of lesser output/less flow overlap during the pressure stroke of the parasitic cylinder.

The pulsation dampener quells the pulsations to protect downstream components from the hammering, as well to even the peak pressure spikes to facilitate better chemical flow as the chemical is reintroduced past the differential check valve.

Steam Genie units do not use this type of chemical induction, therefore the pump output is as smooth as a three cylinder, or triplex diaphragm is designed to be.

Shawn Forsythe
V.P. R&D for Steam Genie, Inc. for over 20 years. (for Harper's benefit)

joe harper

Name
joe harper
bob vawter said:
HOWEVER....why would a pump need a damper....
it SHOULDN'T pulsate..

i don get it!

Remember the Butler freshy tank is gravity fed..NO assist pump..
it will reduce cavitaition..in the pump..LOTS of QD's on this unit..
can fail & spike the pump..

Also protects the pump from P regulator failures..air leaks in the system...
It is a lot cheaper to replace a diaphram in PD..that CUPS in the CAT pump..

If you don't LIKE IT remove it... :roll:

SO.... It is a CHEAP insurance policy...for your Cat Pump...

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Shawn Forsythe said:
Don't ask Harper technical questions, Bawb. Especially about a Butler. LOL :) :D Ivebeensold shiteatinggrin :oops: :twisted:

He has no idea why.

The Butler has a pulsation dampener because it uses a "parasitic" style chemical pump system. The Chemical pump uses, or "scavenges" the pulsations from one of the pump cylinders to pulse the chem pump diaphragm for its operation. In doing so, it robs a great deal of the pump displacement from that one cylinder, inducing a moderate pulsation in the main pump output. Instead of the pump being a fully fledged three cylinder pump, its closer to a two and 1/2 cylinder, because of lesser output/less flow overlap during the pressure stroke of the parasitic cylinder.

The pulsation dampener quells the pulsations to protect downstream components from the hammering, as well to even the peak pressure spikes to facilitate better chemical flow as the chemical is reintroduced past the differential check valve.

Steam Genie units do not use this type of chemical induction, therefore the pump output is as smooth as a three cylinder, or triplex diaphragm is designed to be.

Shawn Forsythe

Don,t you NEED to FlUsH Your DirtY BlOwer out.... :oops:
Your BREATH is starting to StInK..... :p :mrgreen:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Shawn Forsythe said:
The Chemical pump uses, or "scavenges" the pulsations from one of the pump cylinders to pulse the chem pump diaphragm for its operation. In doing so, it robs a great deal of the pump displacement from that one cylinder, inducing a moderate pulsation in the main pump output. Instead of the pump being a fully fledged three cylinder pump, its closer to a two and 1/2 cylinder, because of lesser output/less flow overlap during the pressure stroke of the parasitic cylinder.

No doubt about that. One of my bright ideas was to drill and tap one of the heads on a Hypro pump to add a last step-type chem pump. When you only have two cylinders to start, and effectively kill one's ouptut with the pump, it doesn't leave much GPM.... The chem pump worked fine tho :oops:

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Bawb:

You bought my 2 machines. He was supposed to sell to me "but somethng happened with his hand, and he could not type". Anyway, if you don't want to mess with the homemade Butler, drop me a line/price.

BTW, A butler Cat pump vs. a Hydrocell is why there's pulsation. 3 pistons do not make constant pressure, only on the push stroke. The Hydrocell was the best pump ever made, only cost too much.

Sincerely,
Dale

hogjowl

Idiot™
Ever since Bob first crawled in here, all I have heard him say is how geat the Steam Genie's are. Since Shawn worked there, and doesn't ever say anything bad about them, I assume they must be well built units. That causes me to wonder why they went the way of the dodo bird?

Shawn ... can you tell me about this in under 100 words?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
hogjowl said:
Ever since Bob first crawled in here, all I have heard him say is how geat the Steam Genie's are. Since Shawn worked there, and doesn't ever say anything bad about them, I assume they must be well built units. That causes me to wonder why they went the way of the dodo bird?

Shawn ... can you tell me about this in under 100 words?

Shawn Forsythe

EnouGh..saiD... :shock:

hogjowl

Idiot™
OUch .... Harp ... could you just shut up and not get him off track. I'd like to see his answer.

Besides, you've already made this a Chavez thread with all your off topic posts.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Shawn Forsythe said:

He has no idea why.

Shawn Forsythe

I can't stand those old Butlers, We use to run them were I worked prior do going out on my own. We always had problems with the chemical flow, Either too much or too little we finally replaced the system with a home made siphon feed setup.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Theres a brand new Butler HX that came wit it
i want to test it...but there are FOUR 3/8 fitting and two larger 3/4 fittings..
WTF why four...how does THAT work?
it came wit a brand new Cat pump...and i don know squat about them either.............

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Dale said:
Hi Bawb:

You bought my 2 machines. He was supposed to sell to me "but somethng happened with his hand, and he could not type". Anyway, if you don't want to mess with the homemade Butler, drop me a line/price.

BTW, A butler Cat pump vs. a Hydrocell is why there's pulsation. 3 pistons do not make constant pressure, only on the push stroke. The Hydrocell was the best pump ever made, only cost too much.

Sincerely,
Dale
Dale...what happened ...how come you didn't get them?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom