I'm headed to Vegas to visit the IICRC for a few reasons

Mikey P

Administrator
One of which is to do a recorded interview with Kevin Pearson, the Chairman of the Board along with Michael Dakduk, the new President and CEO.

I'm compiling a list of questions and would like to consider some suggestions from you all.

Please post your questions in this thread or PM them to me

ALL negative comments will be removed so don't bother.

Mikey P

Administrator
Why should we care and how do you plan on getting us there
there to the point where you care?

when you die next week do you think Brady may need some education on down the line as he (may ) attempt to grow the business?

Wouldn't it be nice to have a trusted source for quality hands on education?

or will Waldo and Courtney be his guidance?

Mikey P

Administrator
They lost me due to the simple inability to get me a current card. After many calls and promises, I never got it. Kinda blew my faith in the org. They have lost many guys for this reason. It really needs to be addressed.

When did you try?

they have an immense office staff now, hard to be believe they couldn't handle something so simple

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I have a simple question...

How will being iicrc certified help my business be more profitable if the public/my custys have no idea what it is?

I think it's a great thing that a company can send a new hire to classes. However, JD and other distys can certainly teach a class just as good as the iicrc, right?

Surprised they haven't been cut out of the loop already.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Are you tough enough to stand up to the board when you know what they want to do is wrong?

Can you figure out a way to keep the volunteers involved while cutting the politics that drag the organization down?

A 95% or 98% notation that one "passed" is infuriating to me.
If a bunch of people get 100% the instructor will be investigated. 95 to 98% is perfect.

Mikey P

Administrator
who on the JD or Aramsco staff is going to teach a two day technical class?

The truckmount mechanic?
The store manager who's probably never cleaned or restored anything in his or her life?
The showroom floor guy who worked at the Sketchers outlet store last week?

Other than short factory rep type spotting classes.....

You're grossly mistaken Jerry.

Mikey P

Administrator
Are you tough enough to stand up to the board when you know what they want to do is wrong?

Can you figure out a way to keep the volunteers involved while cutting the politics that drag the organization down?

If a bunch of people get 100% the instructor will be investigated. 95 to 98% is perfect.

are these questions for Duk or me?

FredC

Village Idiot
I have a simple question...

How will being iicrc certified help my business be more profitable if the public/my custys have no idea what it is?

I think it's a great thing that a company can send a new hire to classes. However, JD and other distys can certainly teach a class just as good as the iicrc, right?

Surprised they haven't been cut out of the loop already.

You're supposed to market your education not the IICRC

Its hard to cut anyone out of the loop. The iicrc has a nearly perfect circular money making strategy. They have managed to make their education system a requirement in some sectors and seem like it is in others through penetration into insurance and warranty language. So that is the education people "need". Retailers want to offer that "needed" education. Washed up cleaners turned educators "need" that system and many are reluctant to step outside of it.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
All the classes I attended were geared to people who have been in the business for a few years. A newbie would walk away scratching his head. I found the classes beneficial as it filled in the blanks about carpet construction, cleaning chemistry, etc. It explained why what we were doing worked. It was good networking and brought us up to date with current concerns.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
despite them insisting that its the students job to market their qualifications, I disagree

If I was to take a Jim Pemberton class, it would mean nothing to my prospective clients to say I'd taken Jims class (no disrespect to Jim) unless he marketed himself as being an authority outside the industry

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper

The truckmount mechanic?
The store manager who's probably never cleaned or restored anything in his or her life?
The showroom floor guy who worked at the Sketchers outlet store last week?

Other than short factory rep type spotting classes.....

You're grossly mistaken Jerry.

Last time I took an iicrc class guy read from a book for an hour, used the blackboard(maybe), then we watched a video and took a test. I think most starter classes are like that or were like that. A two day stone class, wrt, etc. where people are actually doing/learning things better not be taught by some knucklehead, they ain't cheap.

A big boy class, I know it's better than I think.

Well, they have people pretending to be truckmount mechanics, business guru's, upselling gurus, and so on... Do the same in the class... Most of the LARGE distys don't exactly give off the aura of giving a poop about who teaches the class or much else. Get your coronavirus products now. :icon_rolleyes:

JD specifically, has like 25 classes not involving certification/iicrc. They are, I believe the Amazon of the industry and don't need anyone else. Built for one thing and they are the best at it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom