Im looking for a lightweight 175

Mikey P

Administrator
OE-BPFRMN17-EA_1.jpg

two speed @ Jon Don....pricey..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's a trade off with weight, lighter weight means you will be more likely to pull it off the truck but heavier would do a better job of agitation. I never cared for a light weight machine, it just seems to glide over the top and wasn't as effective.

However I know my guys have the choice to use a Power glide but find it too heavy to pull off the truck. :hopeless:

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Yep, I was looking around for a light weight one as well and that 80lb range was the lightest without going all the way down to a 13 inch. I think I'm just going to save my pennies and look for a good deal on a crb.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Joey, thats like saying I can't afford a BMW 7 series so I'll buy a new carrot juicer instead...lol

You need both IMO.

I think you misunderstand, I have a 175 but its a 20 inch heavy beast and I feel overkill on most jobs, even though right now I'm using it on almost all jobs.

I'm thinking crb for the 80-90% of jobs where it would be more than adequate and the 175 for the worst of the worst.

I think your analogy is off anyway considering I could buy 2 or 3 175's for the price of one crb.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Do any of you guys work alone? For me to use my 175 for scrubbing would really slow me down. Mine is 101 pounds from cleanfreak. I dont have the carpet scrub brush head yet. You're probably laughing but its HARD for me to switch things up after doing it a particular way thousands of times. Most residential jobs, I will prespray then agitate traffic patterns with my Grandi Groom, then clean with my 360i. Is this reasonable for a 1 man band? Im getting great results usually but I keep feeling like it could be better. Is it the 175 im missing?

Russ

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Do any of you guys work alone? For me to use my 175 for scrubbing would really slow me down. Mine is 101 pounds from cleanfreak. I dont have the carpet scrub brush head yet. You're probably laughing but its HARD for me to switch things up after doing it a particular way thousands of times. Most residential jobs, I will prespray then agitate traffic patterns with my Grandi Groom, then clean with my 360i. Is this reasonable for a 1 man band? Im getting great results usually but I keep feeling like it could be better. Is it the 175 im missing?

Russ

I work alone and use the 175 on probably 70-80% of my jobs. From my limited use of a 360 I think it allows you to skip the 175. I do think a175 followed by a wand is faster than a 360 even though its an extra step.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mikey P

Administrator
you bet.

We whip out our HOSS or 3601 for extreme cases but with a high flow VAT we can haul arse and get great results with "just" the 175 and clean freak brush.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
you bet.

We whip out our HOSS or 3601 for extreme cases but with a high flow VAT we can haul arse and get great results with "just" the 175 and clean freak brush.

What's a "high flow VAT"? Do you lay your prespray down any heavier when you know you'll be scrubbing with the 175? Any trouble maneuvering the 175 down halls, etc? Thanks.

Russ

Mikey P

Administrator
Two 12 flow Ti wands, each fitted with unrestricted fifty ft sections of 2.5 vac hose (no inline filters)

No issues running a 175 in the narrowest of areas Russ..

Reactions: Russ T.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
you bet.

Mikey, I bought that brush on your recommendation in a post I saw a few months ago and I'd consider it one of the most important tools I have. To say using a grandi groom is as good as a brush on a 175 for agitation before cleaning is far from reality.

Mikey P

Administrator
Thanks Barry..

love to hear those sort of things.

Not enough of you report back with product and service reports for things you learn here on MB

Ron K

Mikey I kind of think you and most here want their cake amd eat it too.

What I mean is you, as you stated, can't beat the 175 for all out agitation. It is that way mainly because of the weight, the weight is the best thing and the worst thing about a 175.

Mikey P

Administrator
105 pounds will lead to the guys saying fook it, just use a rake or Vibram agitator.

80 pounds is just right...

Got a lead on a nice Nobles unit..

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
It's a trade off with weight, lighter weight means you will be more likely to pull it off the truck but heavier would do a better job of agitation. I never cared for a light weight machine, it just seems to glide over the top and wasn't as effective.

However I know my guys have the choice to use a Power glide but find it too heavy to pull off the truck. :hopeless:
You can add additional weight to a lighter 175 by using a scuba dive belt with weights. Comes on/off easy and makes hauling the buffer up the stairs easier. (What am I doing wrong? I can't put a line break in my posts?)

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Just curious how many of you body building/weight lifting types bring that 80 lb and above, 175 floor machines beyond the first floor, no elevator.

Just an unofficial survey?

And an admiring note.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
Just curious how many of you body building/weight lifting types bring that 80 lb and above, 175 floor machines beyond the first floor, no elevator.

Just an unofficial survey?

And an admiring note.
Since I use my 175 on every job I'm stuck bringing it up to any job I accept. I charge an extra $15 for jobs that have their "front" door on the 2nd floor. $50 for those that have the "front door" on the 3rd floor. I've only done a few of those. I wont go higher than that without an elevator. (I haven't ever been asked to do so either)

Reactions: ruff

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Mikey, I bought that brush on your recommendation in a post I saw a few months ago and I'd consider it one of the most important tools I have. To say using a grandi groom is as good as a brush on a 175 for agitation before cleaning is far from reality.
When looking for an agitation device many things must be took into consideration. Russ has truckmount that generates plenty of heat so a grandy groom would be adequate for the job especialy if he is getting even more agitation via the 360I. I can understand with you running a portable that you must make up for that with added agitation. For me I have found that this Koblenz mini scrubber in conjuction with my truckmount gives us all the agitation necessary on most jobs
http://www.amazon.com/Koblenz-P-180...=UTF8&qid=1381592537&sr=8-15&keywords=koblenz
I have a rx20, several 175's and all sorts of other toys . However now that I actually have a truckmount with some balls I don't need to really so heavily on agitation to get the job done. I especialy like this miniscuber because it weighs like 30 pounds and works great when you need to pre scrub certain areas . I also like it because it works well for my employees , I know they wont be wheeling a heavy 175 across woodfloors and through a house. Its awesome for pre scrubbing tile as well. Some times we get a bathroom and a kitchen to clean t&g and its nice to put the hard surface brushes on and do a quick scrub and be able to scrub in tight areas

Reactions: Russ T.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom