I'm tempted to keep the truck..

Mikey P

Administrator
The Steamway is currently mounted in this thing. Other than being a older Ford, some dried rubber around the windows and a dashboard that was pilfered of the stereo it's not a bad truck. No idea of the mileage or age yet..

ford001.jpg

ford002.jpg

Chris A

Name
Chris
the patch panels are kinda mad max, but other than that it looks pretty clean, that truck would have disintegrated by now here in NEOH

Becker

Name
Becker
Your neighbors will really love ya then.

Looks like a POS, 1991 or older.

MPG about 10 would be my guess.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
SWEET!!!!! A coat of paint and shes ready to go. Probably has a 460 cu in big block. sucks gas but is durable.

Becker

Name
Becker
Focus gets good MPGs.

A large dually box is gunna suck the gas.

Won't maneuver near as good that the vortex, so if ya send a tech away in it, be sure he knows how to drive.

MY 06 1ton on the highway gets about 17- 18 depending on speed, in town about 14 or so.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
That bad eh?

meAt was trying to tell me Ford's get great MPG.

dude, that's an old box truck
not a cargo van with Triton V-8

My E-250 extended Super Cargo w/5.4 V-8 gets 18mpg hi-way fully loaded

if that thing has a 460 in it, you'll get 6 to 10MPG
If it's the small block, you might get 11 or 12..
going down hill...
with a tail wind..

..L.T.A.

Chris A

Name
Chris
put the same vinyl on this truck as on your v, and you wouldn't notice the panels, with as much as its gonna get used, is fuel even a big deal? You're probably not gonna do too much better with the truck pulling the trailer.

Greenie

um....it's a BACK UP truck, as long as it runs, keep it. Ripping out and re-installing will be worth that alone for this year.

Besides you can park it at Carpet King, he'll never notice.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We used to have two of those. One with a 460 that got 10MPG and was solid, solid, solid. I wish we'd kept it. The other had a 302; way too small for the bulk and only got 11MPG because you had to floor it all of the time.

Just don't use it for jobs 50 miles away and the fuel use won't matter.

PS: If it has a 302 or a 351 and idles funny, it's because Ford forgot to install the spacer between the carburetor and the intake manifold.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Looks like my 88 chevy box with 85,000 miles. Just put the Terminator in it for a back up truck and to carry wdr equipment. 454 gets about 10mpg.

Name
Ron lippold
well it probably need a full service 1500.00 dash and weather stripping 500.00 ac will need work 1000.00 minor body work and paint 1000.00 and a wrap or lettered 500.00-4000.00

F

FB7777

lots of great input, how much do you think you'll need the Steamway?

If it is just the spare then a trailer or a really used cargo van would be more practical.

Repairs on a 20 year old, unknown mileage Box truck can eat up the benefit of a cheap price initially.

Plus, insurance, registration and cookie trays for underneath the engine so it doesn't leak where it is parked for 99% of its life

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom