joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
This year I'm planning on upgrading my company image. I want a new logo, invoices, website, van lettering or maybe a wrap, business cards, uniforms, basically everything, including a new company name if I can find one better than the crappy one I have now. The little bit that I have is just kind of a half assed, mish mash of crap randomly thrown together. I want everything to tie in together in a common theme/message.

My dilemma is I am about the LEAST creative person in the world so I need someone to do the creative stuff for me. I've looked in local yellow pages and online directories but the choices seem very limited so Where do I go to find a person/company that can do this kind of thing or is there such a company? I'm looking to get the ball rolling on this within the next couple of months.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Instead of paying someone, find a family member or friend that is very creative or heavy into art and ask for their help.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Where's that company that does a contest for logo creations?

a bunch of graphic designers compete for your business...pretty cool...they played a couple out on here.

Was that the company you used for your company Crowley?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
joey895 said:
This year I'm planning on upgrading my company image. I want a new logo, invoices, website, van lettering or maybe a wrap, business cards, uniforms, basically everything, including a new company name if I can find one better than the crappy one I have now. The little bit that I have is just kind of a half assed, mish mash of crap randomly thrown together. I want everything to tie in together in a common theme/message.

My dilemma is I am about the LEAST creative person in the world so I need someone to do the creative stuff for me. I've looked in local yellow pages and online directories but the choices seem very limited so Where do I go to find a person/company that can do this kind of thing or is there such a company? I'm looking to get the ball rolling on this within the next couple of months.

Have you thought about doing a Mini Franchise?
http://www.networkhomeservices.com/Minifranchise.html

Has everything you mentioned and can be started with a click of a button...well almost.
You get videos and online marketing etc etc etc....for $249.00 per month, you keep all your customers 100% of the revenue and can cancel whenever you want. You own your phone number, website address, emails etc. AND can run your business however you like...as long as you're not raping people (illegal activity). !gotcha!

What is "rented" to you is the image (including logos etc), actual website and web pages and online marketing.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I would find local businesses to help you with what you need. Sign shops are a start. This way you can build relationships with your local businesses, it's not expensive as it will pay for itself plus make you proud. Most sign shops will do everything you need Joey. Call around and go visit them in person, see what they can offer you. You can find places online that are not local, but nothing beats meeting face to face.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Most important is know what you want.
If you do, your graphic designer will be able to do it faster, cheaper and closer to what you need.
So, look around on the internet, tons of graphic design places and find out what you like. You will be able to communicate better with your designer and get what you really want.

Then think what it is that you you want it to convey/project.
Take your time, these things take some time to be clarified. A good one will grow on you. And you are investing in your company, you want it to be the right one.

Just like the clients you do not want to have, don't make price your first criteria. It is just as true for graphic design as in any other business- you get what you pay for.

Get a professional to do it, preferably someone local, as I guarantee you that it is not going to be the last time you use them. My experience with local sign shops is that they are mediocre graphic designers. Who ever you choose, check their portfolio to see what they've done and if it is right for you. If you don't like their portfolio, don't be tempted to use them, there is not going to be a miracle- they will not produce what you need.

Make the logo simple. A lot of design elements together don't work. And you don't have a few billion dollars like 'Coke' to create brand recognition. Over complicated logos don't work. Make it clean, make it simple, make it easy to remember. (For example look at FedEx logo.)

Again, you need to be clear about what you want to project. Also think in advance how the logo is going to look on your card, letterhead, van. Does it translate as well when it is small as when it is large?

And did I say: Take your time?
These things take time to mature, don't rush it. You'll be happy that you took your time.

Good luck and enjoy it. It should be fun.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Ask around a LOT before settling on your designer. I hired a friend who subbed it out, I spent $1000 just to toss it out 6months later when I met a really good designer, hence my new logo. He sat down with me a couple times, asked lots of questions, both to know about me, my work, and the image I wanted to portray. I had a lot of the material from Steve Marsh's program, just needed to add in the new look.

You want something that is easy to read on paper, on a truck, on a shirt.

I don't think there is anything wrong with your company name. I think its a good one, something you can work with. something like, you don't want a rookie in your house, you want a star! Get All Star!
The rest is your own performance and interaction with your clients. Hec, look at what I achieved using my company name and logo. :roll:

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
tmdry said:
I would find local businesses to help you with what you need. Sign shops are a start. This way you can build relationships with your local businesses, it's not expensive as it will pay for itself plus make you proud. Most sign shops will do everything you need Joey. Call around and go visit them in person, see what they can offer you. You can find places online that are not local, but nothing beats meeting face to face.
Good advice...this is exactly what I did after I had figured out my new business name and what I wanted my van to look like. The sign shop made 4 different versions of my logo making my decision a lot easier.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom