Imposter Givin Me A Bad Name

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
There's this company just under an hour away who happens to have a similar company name as ours .. registered in separate counties of course .. he has done Groupons 3 rooms for $99 .. some of the rooms we clean cost $99.00 .. hes a splash n dasher who dosent move furniture .. we offer a multi step cleaning experience with a nice 30 day money back warranty

I'd see him around my neck of the woods but didn't think I had anything to worry about ..... untilllllllllllll

I get a call from a lady who was referred by a lady we worked with in the past that says she bought a groupon from who she thought was us .. the guy shows up all unprofessional, smells horrible of smoke and won't move a thing ..

So she asks," Are you Mr Spurling?" .. the freaking loser actually said yes .. she asks," Are you the brother or are you Paul?" .. he then became vague as possible trying to move along

So she found our number and left a message this loser was using our company name along with trying to say he was me doing a poor job .. she ended up renting a machine to clean up after his crappy job ..

I'm thinking how many people see our ad and think it is him and won't hire us afraid to have him come back ..

I wish I could tell him to stay outta my county .. he drives an awful long way to be collecting $50 for 3 rooms after groupon takes their cut

How dare he say he's me .. would that be illegal? .. would he get in trouble for saying he's me .. I know the customer would be more than willing to provide a statement .. she was angered he lied about who he was and to top it off with a bad job

I'd like to threaten a lawsuit to keep him outta my county .. not sure if what he did was punishable by law .. I sure do wish Charles Bronson was around

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Defamation of Character!

100% call a Lawyer Now and have him mail this azzhole The Letter.

You cannot Say you are someone else, period!

Wow! just Wow! Some people got balls.

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Ron K

This situation, in one way or another, probably happens more then any of us would like to admit.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Here are my thoughts

Are the names the same? you said similar

Is he using color, tag line and logo to try to look like you.

Have you registered your name with the state?

Did he register?

I would fire up my lawyer

I would be looking at several things.

Can you go after Groupon? They could be implicated in this as fraud. It may not go any farther than them stopping to do business with him.

Get a legal statement from the customer that called. I hope you have all her contact information.

I would try to backtrack through her to her referral source. I would have gone and cleaned her carpets for FREE and met her in person. He is a hack and that word of mouth would go a long way in taking him out.

I would have my lawyer contact him via letter after I have a sworn statement from the customer.

I would go after him for a name change and possession of the name and then I would bury the name.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Theft by deception? Not sure it defamation would fly. It is hard to prove but impersonating you for gain is theft by deception. I'd call the police and get her to file a police report or at a minimum get her to write a notarized affidavit then I would clean her home for free and ask if she knows of anyone else this person has lied to. I wouldn't wait I'd call the police a lawyer and the local news station immediately. You probably won't ever know how much damage this guys has caused but if you do t get in front of it right now you might never be able to undue the damage.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
on the bright side, at those prices and driving that far and being an all around shady character, he wont be in business for long. still, that sucks Paul. i'm glad nobody wants to be me!

Name
I'm Rick James
Let me guess.. you never tried talking or meeting with the guy?

Whats his website address.. we can contact him, see if he will come on here to discuss the problem you are having. He sounds like a scared rabbit, so I think the problem can be resolved with a little professional communication. At least that is what they use to do back in the day when people had problems.. go talk to them directly..

Brian H

Name
Brian H
We have been fighting that fight since late 1976. There is a company in the Detroit area, founded by a member of the family that started Hagopian, called Steve Hagopian and Company. The only advertising they do is to make sure they have a BIG ad in the yellow pages. Lots of people call them accidentally since the names are so similar. We have had many customers over the years tell us that they come up with excuses as to why their cleaners don't show up in a PURPLE truck!! Not a lot we can do, except keep our name out there and keep pushing the famous PURPLE truck!!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Yes Brian....i can't tell you how many times i've been asked that question...........
I alwez say..."make sure it's the purple truck"

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Notice most of the larger companies don't use white vans. The more unique you are the harder to copy.

Gene

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I was so angry I wanted to : too much to list !!! I didn't want to contact him while I was still angry .. it would of ended up bad !!

The more time I spent calming down, the more I started to think .. this is an old guy who's not doing well .. he looks like a drunk and smells like a hooka bar .. the last time I spoke to him he was having severe back issues .. for him to lie and say he's me, this guy is desperate ..

Rather than redirecting the carbon monoxide exhaust vent back into his home from his furnace, I will call a lawyer to see what options I will have .. I will expect him to never say he's me and will see if at all possible he could stay outta my county .. I don't want to put him under - just stay away ..

Meanwhile - we've added our last name, Spurling's in front of our company name to our advertisements etc. .. I should do a newspaper article on how our coat tails are being ridden by this imposter .. and buyer beware !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom