Impressing a property manager with the Rotovac 360i

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I raised my prices on a property manager two weeks ago, and he was upset, because he couldn't justify the higher costs to the homeowners. I told him, it's up to him to educate them on the fact that a deep thorough cleaning extends the life of the carpets thus saving them money in the long run. He said he did not want to lose us because we are the best hands down, especially in regards to pet odor, repairs, and ease of scheduling, but he did not know if he'd be able to keep us.
So we worked out a deal where if the homeowner was paying and the carpet just needed a freshening up we would stick to the old price and I would literally just wand whip it. But if it was a homeowner who doesn't really care about cost, or if the carpet was going to need any more than that and it was coming out of the security deposit I could charge accordingly. Of course most of them turn out that way so really, nothing to lose on my end.
I explained to him the Zipper and the Rotovac processes but it was all Greek to him.
Today I did a job for him, and he let me know in advance that I could charge whatever I needed to.
It was the godawful poly, 8 years old and matted down and dirty. He showed up while I was cleaning it with the RV. He saw me in action, saw the amazing suction of the TM and how the RV revived the carpet and was very impressed with it. Before he left he said that he was glad to actually see the process and the equipment behind it, but most of could not believe I was able to make that carpet look good again. He now understands why I raised my prices.
He said screw the homeowners...full steam ahead. Use it on all the houses and charge accordigly. I love the Rotovac!

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Well done Kellie, it's always good for these people to watch you in action, then they can see first hand why your charges are justifiable.

Keep at it Sunshine.

What was your plant to operate the 360i?? & did you use the brush, pads or three jet head??

Thanks.

:yoda:

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I raised my prices on a property manager two weeks ago, and he was upset, because he couldn't justify the higher costs to the homeowners. I told him, it's up to him to educate them on the fact that a deep thorough cleaning extends the life of the carpets thus saving them money in the long run. He said he did not want to lose us because we are the best hands down, especially in regards to pet odor, repairs, and ease of scheduling, but he did not know if he'd be able to keep us.
So we worked out a deal where if the homeowner was paying and the carpet just needed a freshening up we would stick to the old price and I would literally just wand whip it. But if it was a homeowner who doesn't really care about cost, or if the carpet was going to need any more than that and it was coming out of the security deposit I could charge accordingly. Of course most of them turn out that way so really, nothing to lose on my end.
I explained to him the Zipper and the Rotovac processes but it was all Greek to him.
Today I did a job for him, and he let me know in advance that I could charge whatever I needed to.
It was the godawful poly, 8 years old and matted down and dirty. He showed up while I was cleaning it with the RV. He saw me in action, saw the amazing suction of the TM and how the RV revived the carpet and was very impressed with it. Before he left he said that he was glad to actually see the process and the equipment behind it, but most of could not believe I was able to make that carpet look good again. He now understands why I raised my prices.
He said screw the homeowners...full steam ahead. Use it on all the houses and charge accordigly. I love the Rotovac!

Right on! Love hearing moments like this :rockon:

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Well done Kellie, it's always good for these people to watch you in action, then they can see first hand why your charges are justifiable.

Keep at it Sunshine.

What was your plant to operate the 360i?? & did you use the brush, pads or three jet head??

Thanks.

:yoda:
I pre-vacuumed, pre sprayed, and went at it with the quad head. It really did not need pre agitation and I did not want to use the brush head on it due to the age of it. I have not tried the brush head on that type of carpet yet, kinda scared to!
I went at it at 300 PSI which as far as I know is the highest you want to go with the RV.
I did two cleaning passes and 3-4 dry passes watching the site tube.
And of course hit the edges with my edger tool. I'd love to find a glide for that thing lol...

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Its usually all about the numbers from the decision makers. They want the best for the least amount. Mostly concerned with the least amount. I never understood why the lowest price was always so important vs a better cleaning for more. Then one day a customer of mine moved into a complex and told me how much they were gonna charge her for a cleaning at move out. It was far more than they were willing to pay me. They wanted to keep the price down so they could make a decent profit on the cleaning without sounding too high too the tenant. Such boool-shit !! After a few years there I raised my price by $10 per unit and I was fired shortly after. Never mind the awesome work (IMO) and never mind the last minute response and working til 8pm and saving some pretty nasty carpet.

The property's main focus should be to keep the carpet as long as possible. Make the tenant pay for the cleaning at the end of the lease. Hire the guy that can afford to take the time to do the best possible job.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
He is a great guy to work with. He has some properties where the owners don't even look at the costs, and he will call me to go take care of a minor spot or something and tell me to go ahead and charge whatever I want, and if he's got a stingy owner I will help him out. It's been a great working relationship honestly. I know for a fact that he has tried other cleaners who undercut me price wise, he has told me as much. But of course they do crappy work so he gave that up.
At least now he has a good understanding of the process and what to tell the homeowners.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom