Impressions from the Experience Convention

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Lots of new developments:

Enjoyed meeting several more MB members during the exhibit times.

Enjoyed the MB dinner @ the Palm Restaurant @ Caesars.

Got to talk to Tom Monahan and Robert Mann about a few rug solutions involving some new technology.

I was able to attend a few of the educational seminars on mornings before the exhibits opened.

Upholstery Cleaning by Shawn Bisaillon
He had at least 10 different upholstery tools to try hands-on on the hotel furniture.
Mike West also attended, and both he and I liked a brand new tool that was improved SS model, from the old CFR upholstery tool.

Carpet Cleaning and Spotting Demonstrations - HydraMaster /U.S. Products - Steve Poulos, Doyle Bloss, Rick Evans
Doyle Bloss presented some important information on the cause of jet streaking with various wands. He talked about carpet types, pressure, jet angle and other factors.

Then back to the exhibits and many more conversations with attendees like Jeff Bishop, Mickey from Viking on their new Dehu,
Ed on the new PMF wands.

At the end of the exhibit time Ray & I were going outside to see the fire restoration demo, when it blew up showering debris on some of the MB members like Lockhart and significant other.

That night we went to the Prochem Party – Reception, Entertainment, Food and Drinks with Live Music (featuring the Paul Glover Band) The food was good and the band played some good dance music.

Next morning I went to this well-attended seminar:
Repairing Oriental Rugs; A Demonstration Of Basic Skills and Techniques.
Robert Mann, of Robert Mann Oriental Rugs Inc. presented a hands on demonstration of simple repair techniques you can learn with a minimum of training and practice.

Next was a seminar from your favorite CRI:

Carpet and Rug Institute: Changing Products, Changing Landscapes, Pat Jennings Director CRI: How new developments in carpet will affect your business.

Pat talked about the changes in carpet soil for testing.
Finally, they will include 6% oily soil to more closely match what cleaners see in the real world.

How to Sell in 2013 - Bill Yeadon, Selling is not just about a product, it is also about selling your ideas to your customer and your boss.

Bill talked about introverts, extroverts and the best sellers, who were ambiverts.
He also talked about the importance of asking questions of your customers.

Finally, the last exhibit session where we talked to Ben Surdi about some new marketing material,
and later removed a furniture stain for one of
Shawn Bisaillon's friends carpet sample with:

Dynachem POG, UV light & an Oxidizer

It was a good show for Ray & I,

but we were glad to get back, after 3 days of seminars and exhibits.

Larry

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I enjoyed the ken snow tribute dinner. I had a chance to pick some of the guys brains for ideas and a bunch of whys and why nots. I got in many questions with both Tom Monoham and Robert Mann. Also got to talk to al Paulson as well.

Cu and I spoke a bit but really couldn't understand a damn thing he said. I tried to convince him to speak American English but it was a no go.

I was blasted in the face by some pyrotechnics cork and powder explosion that seemed out of control, that was both a very stupid idea and had no cleaning or restoration value whatsoever.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
On forgot the biggest and best thing.

My wife won the zipper!

If it was not for mikey and aerotech, turbo force , prochem and all of the other manufactures putting that raffle on, would have been a very different view on the whole convention as my eyes and eyelids where either bothering me or burning from the time of that stupid explosion and on.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
One other important project from the CRI:

In a significant new development for its Seal of Approval testing and certification program for carpet cleaning products and equipment, the Carpet and Rug Institute has introduced a new category for interim carpet maintenance systems.
Types of interim maintenance systems include bonnet, rotary brushing and dry compound systems, to name a few. Interim methods can be used in both residential and commercial settings, but are primarily used commercially at this time.

Larry

Reactions: Shorty and Mikey P

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We had enough action to keep Ray & I busy during all the exhibit times.

Robert Mann is having us produce some new specialized equipment for his advanced rug stain removal.

Shawn Bisaillon is doing some testing on our cleaning products for his consulting customers.

Several people were impressed by the furniture stain we took out, for a sample a customer brought in.

Gave away free over a hundred packages "Hose Wraps" for tying hoses together and protecting QC's.

View attachment 2950

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIBS_bkfbII

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index...d=5165&zenid=b6a3e857b7db85352bbd1eecdd06f90a

Viking also had a new dehu, which outperformed the PH200 models.

Larry

P.S. For the Dallas Convention, we have a private party for customers lined up, with some excellent Rock n Roll.

Last edited:

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Except for meeting up with friends . And trying to communicate with Lockhart . The show was a bit boring .watching people avoid each other or pretend to be nice in a mostly empty hall was enough to put me off the next one.
Lockhart is the man to watch in the future . If you want to be / have a successful business. Very smart, sharp guy.
the Aero truck awesome , the cng van interesting and could save fleets a lot of money but hydramaster need to explain it better
SS new dehu is neat but they should have built in cord and water line holders as on their other dehus and not the Velcro strap holders..that ain't gonna last but for a dehu the size of a cooler chest with better rates the the evo. It's neat.

Next years event in Texas should be a hit with Larry ,Lockhart, Amy and Mikey attending

i,ll do ICE and Surfaces in Jan and go down to MF in feb

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom