In-Line Sprayer, more questions

srugman26

Still trying out my new Mytee In-Line sprayer. Still seems to be using more product than I thought it would. Today I used it in a home with about 2,000 sq feet of carpet. I used about 4 qts of pre-spray. I am using 400 psi, and certainly not soaking the carpet. Also today I used Grand Slam, which says to mix 48oz to 5 qts of water. Normally that would give me 12 gals in a pump sprayer. On Saturday I used Powerburst which is mixed 6 scoops to 5 qts of water, that would normally give me 3 gals in a pump sprayer. Why the big difference between powder and liquid?.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I use a lot more chemicals when using an in-line sprayer. I also get better dry times when using a pump up or electric sprayer.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
srugman26 said:
Still trying out my new Mytee In-Line sprayer. Still seems to be using more product than I thought it would. Today I used it in a home with about 2,000 sq feet of carpet. I used about 4 qts of pre-spray. I am using 400 psi, and certainly not soaking the carpet. Also today I used Grand Slam, which says to mix 48oz to 5 qts of water. Normally that would give me 12 gals in a pump sprayer. On Saturday I used Powerburst which is mixed 6 scoops to 5 qts of water, that would normally give me 3 gals in a pump sprayer. Why the big difference between powder and liquid?.

You've got to move fast with an inline sprayer they're super-efficient. You're not peeing out product as with a pump-up or battery or electric sprayer. Think about the concentrate you are about to deliver in the whole job. Don't end up using two or three times as much concentrate, because you have to get that stuff out, whatever you put down. For little spots and other time consuming places where you shouldn't be just hosing the carpet, use trigger sprayers to detail your spraydown. The whole process takes just a minute or two. That's the beauty and the advantage of an inline sprayer.

srugman26

I have been moving pretty quick, the carpet is just slightly wet, maybe my sprayer is a lemon. Just seems like alot of product to be spraying on the carpet. The liquid pre-treats in particular. Powder seems more like it.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
You could always just put less of the concentrate in the sprayer to put it more in line with what you're used to. Of course just moving faster could accomplish the same thing and improve you're production.

When I used to use grand slam I used 32 ounces in my 7 quart sprayer for 90% of my jobs. A super nasty I might go to 48 ounces.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
we use 16 oz in a inline no tip its plenty --of grand slam try that and i think u will be impressed

hogjowl

Idiot™
I know what he's talking about. Judson's instructions call for 20 oz's of juice and 5 scoops of hot sauce per hydroforce container. It also calls for the use of no tip ... 4:1 solution ratio. I tried that yesterday and went through a whole darn jug on one house! Today,

srugman26

Thanks for the info, I will keep playing around with the sprayer this weekend. I have a good size residential job and 2 offices to do.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
can't relate to the sprayer issues
I use the Spraymaster jug, one container sprayed out 4floors and 2 staircases of a condo building, yellow tip, with a pretty heavy spray.

With no tip, I can go through one jug in about 800sf even with a heavy spray

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom