Including protectant in your proposal

Mark Azevedo

Some say to always include protectant in your sales price and other say sell it on site during cleaning,,,, What do you all suggest in your practice and why?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Both~offer it on the phone (if doing phone quotes) and if sold its done. If not or they are thinking about it the technicians offer again at the home.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I tell 'em to read the last couple of pages in their little book that comes wit the carpet...it explains all about the tefflon......of course NO ONE ever has that little book......

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ken has the right idea...

Inquire if the customer has occasional spills, or kids, or pets.

Remind them that you offer proven products that will give them additional time to clean up accidents.

Most importantly, do a quick demo in front of the customer on a paper towel with a FAST drying solvent protector.

Larry Cobb

Chris A

Name
Chris
also, I will automatically add it to the order if the customer had it applied at the last cleaning, and its been more than a year. I still ok it with them first, though.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
the phrasing I heard was:
Would you like the protective finish reapplied?

I ask this when I'm doing the quote. Their usual response is "is that like scotchgard? and then I explain what the protectors are and what they do and the benefits.
One client was having it applied to the family room but we deferred the decision for the bedroom till we saw how well it cleaned up (lots of coffee spills) 02 cleaned it right up and I applied more protector :)

DevilDog

The best demonstration is exactly what Larry said. Paper towels, a fast drying solvent protector, and some colorful liquid.

This demo works great for selling upholstery protector but also works really good for carpet.

DevilDog

John Watson

Ron said it well.

After measuring, We put the cost of protector on the work order and include it in with the cleaning cost.

During our presentation, I hand them my clip board and say "Here is the cost break downs for cleaning and reapplying the protector to the areas you requested." Most say OK Lets do it.

Some say "Thats a little more than I figured/budgeted"

It is alot easier to subtract areas or protector from the ticket compares to adding to after the cleaning price has been given.

But, in either case the secret is in "Just asking for the sale of the protector"

Mark Azevedo

Ron Werner said:
the phrasing I heard was:
Would you like the protective finish reapplied?

I ask this when I'm doing the quote. Their usual response is "is that like scotchgard? and then I explain what the protectors are and what they do and the benefits.
One client was having it applied to the family room but we deferred the decision for the bedroom till we saw how well it cleaned up (lots of coffee spills) 02 cleaned it right up and I applied more protector :)
Thats a smoker, Ron. I will use that,,,,,,, Its a razzle dazzle question . I know they cant say no,, to that, They HAVE to have the finish reapplied..... also the word protectant , is a very strong word

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
"It is alot easier to subtract areas or protector from the ticket compares to adding to after the cleaning price has been given."

THAT friends...was worth this months five bucks!!!!

Good one John

John Watson

Bob, I learndt them there prases in Craig Jaspers classes. Looking forwards to seeing hims agins next Wednesday at the kick off of MF08.
But, That there Jasper fella talks kinda funny, Hes from Checaago ya kno

Name
R.J. Povio
asking over the phone is my favorite way to ask about protector. It is being up front and it a little less awkward asking for it since your not face to face. Also someone mentioned it gives them time to thing about it with their spouse and or if they are paying cash to have some extra money on hand. We have had to call people at work or while on vacation while someone other than the homeowner was meeting us to clean the carpet to ask about protector. That is a pain and you feel as though you are inconveniencing the custy, which you essentially are. When doing an estimate we usually break the price down for just cleaning and then what the additional charge is for protector. I have tried the "all in one" package protector and cleaning combined. That has seemed to work and you do have less questions or less problems with custys thinking protector is too much extra money. I just like to break it down just in case they are calling around for prices and or other companies are dropping off estimates. It makes it easier for the custy to compare apples to apples and doesnt make your price seem too far off.

All in all i would say do the all in one, however explain to the custy if they do not book the job on the spot that protector is included. At that point this gives you another chance to get the job booked with just the cleaning after you show then a price reduction. If they do book the job say that price also includes protector....it seems as though they are getting an added bonus. By them booking the job your price is usually considered fair or even less then what they intended to spend in the first place.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom