Incredibly busy..How about everyone else

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
It has been unbelievable how busy I have been since late march early april.

I held up in the winter doing pump outs on a sub contract basis and Janitorial some residential and I had some great commercial work. This spring has been balls to the wall and into summer. I thought I would have a slow down next week and BANG booking up like crazy. It is unfortunate but I must've lost 8 new customers because I couldn't get to them this week. I had a couple guys from this BB send me some work. Now I am just waiting for the bottom to drop out.

I cut my advertising budget from $26,000 last year to $4,000 or less this year.

How has business been for everybody else?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Have been having a great year. I haven't had a slow week and also been working 7 days a week for quite awhile. I am planning to take the weekend off. I really hope I can keep it open. It seems like restoration work pops up when people are home breaking their houses.

Carpet cleaning is booked pretty solid with 3-5 good jobs per day for about the next 3 weeks and some occasional jobs out about 5 weeks.

Mark Saiger

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Since the phone company printed the wrong phone number and we sent out some of the worst advertisements possible I think we are doing OK

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Who uses the YPs any more?

My only substantial business advertising expense is mailing to previous clients.
Been getting a ton of work from my marketing system, and a few from the web, networking,JVs and referrals.

Been busy here since the middle of April.
I mainly do resi-cleaning. Picked up a couple of monthly encap Jobs.

(Wish I started encapping commercial earlier.)

Seems like clients take care of their homes and autos better in a recession.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Dave Yoakum said:
Seems like clients take care of their homes and autos better in a recession.

Bingo. I've been having a big year with an ad buget of zero. This is my third recession. It sucks around here in Metro Detroit. I can't wait till this one ends.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Matt,

It's always good to be busy. My company's been on auto pilot since year 5. Haven't spent a penny on advertisement in 11 years. Money in the bank. When I have extra work I send it to a friend. He is always starving for some reason.

Gene

bmas

Very busy, alot of work for one guy! Not complaining, I hope all you guys stay busy for along time
Brad

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
matt..what do you consider being busy? about how many job a week/month are you getting done and at what average price per ticket?
thanks dave

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Matt Murdock said:
How has business been for everybody else?

all 3 of my repeat custys called this week.
I put my sister on hold and she hung up
I forgot to call to my Aunt back
and I told my mom I'd be over as soon I got the leak in the tire fixed....in a week or two

.L.t.A.

R

R W

Right now I'm busy as I want to be. I don't want to work 7 days a week, but sometimes do. I have openings every week, but they seem to get filled in with flood work and rush commercial stuff. I'm lazy and want a break between jobs....I been doing this for 30+ years.

TimP

This is my busy time of the year. But I don't know yet if it's making up for the poor beginning of the year. I'll find out when we add up the deposit totals at the end of the year. I'm a bit lazy too, I don't want to work 7 days a week. If I can bring in 1500 a week I'm happy. Of course more is always better and I do all the work that comes my way. But I do like to have a rest break.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I've been Slammed. Now its starting to slow down a little. finishing up some loose end jobs.. just sent out a bunch more brochures to see if anymore bite..

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Real busy. I tried to book light last week while my brother visited. I ended up taking him on some jobs just to get to visit with him. I will take busy while I can.

Back
Top Bottom