Indian Summer..

Mikey P

Administrator
Here in Santa Cruz California we get our best weather in the month of October. The summer fog is gone, clear blue skies, 70 degree days and nice cool nights that we can enjoy outside as all the beach going tourist have pretty much gone home for the season.

Home owners take advantage of it and continue to have their floors cleaned before the rains and fog come back. What with the time change this weekend and a predicted wet winter I'm imagining that I'll be at the desk more while the boys are out cleaning. We dpont see much of a Holiday rush out here. Too many non super Christians...

I'm hoping that that the yelp phenomenon continues and we do need to run the second truck all winter but with a slow real estate market I have a hard time imagining that the winter type of "Event Cleaners" will create that much demand. Coming off our best summer ever, how can I complain?

It's OK though, I need to, along with Fred's help revamp my own site, get out and kiss more babies and get more commercial work, work on M10F, spend more time on my bikes, work around the home as well trying my hands answering my own phones. Full Circle has been fantastic but a couple days a week may open my eyes to trends gone unnoticed since my wife nor I have not booked a job in years now.

What are your winter plans?

Morning-offshores-in-Santa-Cruz-21142-Ryan-Craig-111007.jpg

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I gotta feeling this winter is going to be the hardest part of our adventure to date.

I'd be lying if i said I wasn't afraid.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm hoping it's bitter cold winter here, sub zero wind chills! :p

It's bad for carpet cleaning but sure helps the restoration work when it's cold! :winky:

Chis save your pennies once the Holiday rush dies down it can be a ghost town for clients in the winter.

Reactions: GCCLee

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I'm hoping it's bitter cold winter here, sub zero wind chills! :p

It's bad for carpet cleaning but sure helps the restoration work when it's cold! :winky:

Chis save your pennies once the Holiday rush dies down it can be a ghost town for clients in the winter.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Hate the freezing cold, been crazy warm here this year also.
only problem is if the lake never freezes we get whacked with some major blizzards, sooo its a lose/lose for us :bull:.

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
After Christmas it slows down for the first quarter,, I do more plumbing jobs then,, also help my bro-in law who has a plumbing company south of me. Nice change of pace!

Chris A

Name
Chris
January and February are both hit or miss for us. We're lining some commercial work up but neither month is ever going to be stellar for my mostly residential biz. I also have a new site going up, that along with a couple local calendars to about 20k nice homes, and probably some direct mail starting early will help our March and April get up to where they need to be, I don't feel like I have been getting the most that I can out of those months.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom