Infrequent Vacuuming

Lonny

Supportive Member
I cleaned a carpet for a family member last week.
She has a long cut pile, poly carpet, very light beige color.
I did a prevac in 3 directions ( this was family)- Prosense X2 SSS, apply, about 10-15 minutes of dwell, and extract.
When I was done she was happy with the results, I went about inspecting my work. Down at the base of the backing I found massive amounts of left over solid particulate. Everywhere. They don't vacuum regularly, but I was absolutely shocked by the amount of solid soil left on top of the backing.
I use a large hole glide, which may have contributed to the lack of soil removed.
Really though it looked like the soil needed to be broken up mechanically, as with a 175, but I was afraid of fuzzing out the poly carpet.
What would you all do in this situation?
That is to remove the soil- 4 all you smart arses. shiteatinggrin
Cheers!

Lonny

Supportive Member
The soil wasn't in individual dry grains, it seemed clumped together. The carpet being shag, what method would you recommend for more dry agitation? It looks like it would be best used prior to pre-spraying it.

Fred Homan

Dry....A pile lifter....Wet.....Try an Oreck orbital....Light weight with a brush head

hogjowl

Idiot™
In my opinion, your best action WOULD be to go back and do it all again and provide a thorough prescrubbing with a 175 and a shampoo brush. Dig, dig , dig ... and then rinse without a glided wand.

Glides are wonderful, and I am not attempting to talk you out of using a glide, but when it comes to deep down cleaning nothing beats a regular slotted wand ... unless you have an RX-20.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The GLS might work if you have the sprayer and tank on it ... AND you have a full tank of liquid. Otherwise, the GLS won't be heavy enough to dig down deep.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Here would be my procedure: (granted using my equipment)

1) use a crb like my host reliant and white brushes, dry scrub to pile lift and dig out any extra crap down arond the base of the fibers.

2) vacuum Ron Werner style.. (charge accordingly as well)

3) (check to seee that alot of that dry soil has been removed.. or repeat steps 1,2

4) Use a decent prepsray.. ( I would probably use O2 or grandslam boosted with citrus). Scrub again with the crb machine.

5) and rinse heavy! If I needed a non glide machine, I'd use Joe's favorite contraption, our RDM. It has nice large vacuum slots and removes alot of heavier debris.

But.. that's just me.. I would substitue a crb machine with a 175 and shampoo brush as porky suggests if I didn't have good access to a heavier/aggressive crb machine.

Lonny

Supportive Member
Thanks guys.
I am going to go back, I will use the 175 and a brush head and take off the glide, and see how that does.
I will try a test room first and see if I kill the shag, if not, away we go.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
If you are really worried about ruining the shag... don't use it dry for one. crb machines are one thing but the 175 should be used after you lay down a good thick layer of prespray to lubricate the fibers. And If you have an adjust a glide brush I would go with that one. We have never had a problem fussing a carpet or rug with the adjust a glide. but a well broke in shampoo brush would work just as well. Good luck and let us know how things go!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom