-->INK<-- Pilot Precision. Red in Color, on tan sofa

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I know I can do this and I'm just over thinking it, but it's really important I get ALL of this ink out. It's a medium quality nylon sofa cushion. It has red ink from a pilot precision pen. I know that with some inks you can set the ink with volatile dry solvent because you remove the carrying agent. I have also heard you should surround the spot with volatile dry solvent to keep it from spreading. Do these rules still apply if I am going to put the suction cuff on the spot and flush it out with nvds from the back-side ?(while protecting the cushion of course)

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Ok, flushed it out, didn't all come out, blotted and tamped by hitting a towel with the spotting brush, gently rubbed the spot in one direction at a time, rinsed with vds, followed up with neutral detergent and a good acid rinse. Completely gone. Took forever though.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
lancehollister said:
I dought it was really nylon.

I sold furniture for a while. Nothing is really anything. It's all thirty percent nylon, 15 percent polyester, twenty percent Olefin, twenty percent acrylic, 15 percent goat-silk

Or some combination. It was a synthetic blend though, and it seemed to me to be high in nylon content.

Bravo , correct. Never look at the lable , its not always correct.

But , i think that micro fiber ( a nylon by product ) would account for 50% of the upholstry i clean.

As with any stain start with your least aggresive spotters and move up. Ill bet elbow grease and ultra pac with a proper rinse would have tackled this alot faster.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I spent two hours removing an ink spot on a brand new commercial grade carpet. They didn't want it repaired. I charged them 300 bucks.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I guess what I'm getting at is that Doug Heiferman schooled me that some inks have carrying agents, and if you are not careful you will pull whats suspending the pigments out thus transfering the pigments to the fiber. I was just trying to see if this patented pilot liquid ink formula was something I had to worry about.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom