Ink Toner

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Hey guys & gals, just had a client call that had spilled ink toner over his basement carpet of about a foot by 2 ft. I told him to dry vacumn it out as much as possible and use a brush to try to get out as much toner as he could and do not get it wet. He called called back and said after vacuuming as much as possible (using just a hose from vacumn cleaner) that most of it is gone but that u can see a slight shadowing of where the toner spilled. Anything else I could suggest?

it is Berber with short nap

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Imo, telling a customer to vacuum toner with his own vacuum is a really bad idea. Several issues.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Pigout, maybe some Cyclone and a wet pad. Got to control your fluids. :winky:

Seriously VacAway has some great spotters for both VLM and HWE.

Last edited by a moderator:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Shake it to the bottom

But seriously it needs to be vacuumed over and over then use solvent and cold water to flush out.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
A would use a solvent such as All Solv Extreme and flush well. The home-owner may not have a way to flush thoroughly enough. He could just use damp cotton towels but it will take some care and patience.

Agree with the post that vacuum with their own vacuum can be a bad idea. One thing is that poor filtration in a home-owner vacuum can redistribute toner across the entire room. be careful if you go there to clean in the future. You may get an unpleasant surprise.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I used to be a copier tech. A vacuum and canned air was all I ever used. Spilled a lot of toner and I never bought aunt carpet or paid for a cleaning

Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Don't get the powdered ink wet he says!

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom