Inline Filter

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Been resisting an inline filter cuz there's not much room in my van for one. But my new APO pump doesn't handle carpet lint well.

Is there a new compact Devastator? (Why is it called Devastator? I don't like to be devastated.) Is there another as good or better?

Or maybe I could just filter the waste water upstream of the pump with a whole-house water filter with a corse cartridge, or a pool filter.

Much obliged.

Last edited:

Becker

Name
Becker
I've only heard the best on the devastator. I don't have one cuz I'm to lazy to order on.

Can't decide, 2" in and out, or ......

So now I switch between the standard lint box of the prochem, or blueline, or the pool filter inline.

Reactions: Johnny

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
your upstream filter would get plugged pretty quick, esp if you haven't filtered before coming into the tank.
The reason the Devastator works so well IS its size, larger surface area so it doesn't get plugged up as quick. A smaller version would be the clearview pool filters we used to use, I think Mytee makes one as well. They work pretty decent too. Just the mesh sock filter will catch most of your loose fibres. Better than nothing.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Mytee Lint Hog looks like it would do the job. Only $99. Is the Devastator any better? If so, why and $?

Last edited:

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
The lint hog will kill your vacuum. I notice a huge difference when I don't have it on the hose. I haven't used the Devastator, but people say its good. I just think $390 is too much. What happened to the Devastator that cost $130?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
The lint hog will kill your vacuum. I notice a huge difference when I don't have it on the hose. I haven't used the Devastator, but people say its good. I just think $390 is too much. What happened to the Devastator that cost $130?
Two Lint Hogs in parallel would probably minimize restriction, cost half of one Devastator, and occupy the same space. Are the Ds really SELLING for $390? D website sez call for special pricing.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The Dev filter comes in two sizes, a large and a small. I have both. I can see not difference in the two as far as performance and the amount of debris they can recover. So I always use the small. It's a really great filter that I would recommend to anyone.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Okay Guys,
Yes the filter is going up in price. We have been making them for 4.5 years now, and I have been selling them to all of you for my cost for 4.5 years. When I say my cost that is my time and materials to make them.

We have been improving the filter in that time from feedback from the people that have been using them, helping us to make them better.

A lot of you are in the mind set that this is a POOL TYPE filter...this is NOT a POOL FILTER. HEAVY WEIGHT...LIGHT WEIGHT they both box yes, but not in the same class. The Devastators are not in the light weight class Hydro Filter and Mytee Filter are in this class no matter how hard you try the smaller filters will NEVER EVER be in any other class than what they were intended for, and in that they do a GREAT JOB.

HEAVY WEIGHTS: D Oxleys filter box, John's HX's filter box, SS CDV filter box JB's rc99 (but the quality is poor electrical tape and goop to seal) and The Devastator. These are the HW's. Go and price these filters when you say that the Dev is TOO much money.

The Dev's have been proving themselves for 4 + years and in that time we have had some negative comments on the filter and we have worked hard to try and fix them. SIZE, WEIGHT, LEAKS, all of them I worked on but I could not do any better, so I went to my fabricator and handed it over to him. I am now paying MORE than what I sold them for to you, so yes they are going to go up in price.
When I first started I had a poolie, meet Joe he told me make a better filter. So I did, and he did give me some pointers, even the very first Dev hands down blew them out of the water. If you go look at JB cfm test it is very sad that he has to lie to sell his filter, He has taken my words from forums and twisted them around to make it sound as if I said something else.

The Dev comes in last place it just makes me laugh because if that were the truth I would not have continued to make them, he would not have sold them... and for 4.5 years now guys have all for the most part been happy so it just doen't add up. I am greatful that Joe is making a filter NO ONE will beat his price so he has pretty much sealed up the market on the cheap side, and the other heavy weights have sealed up the market on the high side...and we sit somewhere in the middle.
We have filled for patent on our filter, we have spent the money to have it made, I have given 4.5 years of my cc biz money to it... so this is it if sells then it sells if it don't then it don't but we have taken it to the highest level we can for YOU GUYS and this is what comes from it, you can't do all this and not expect it is going to cost less than dinner with your wife.

I have been very worried about the price increase as I also am a carpet cleaner and I KNOW how expensive things can be. But I also know that a good piece of equipment that works like it is supposed to is nice to have. PC Ti for example nice wand yes PRICE does it matter its the best.
The only reason Joe is selling his filter for 99 is he has a grudge for interlink and me and that is fine I can tell you right now he is making maybe 30 bucks tops on that thing, I HAVE ONE BY THE WAY so I do know what I'm talking about.

That is Joe's choice, and I'm not Joe I want to be happy doing what I'm doing I love my cc biz and I love making the filters.

With this new design we are going to redo the large Dev and it WILL BE THE LARGEST Capacity filter that I know of. The size will be the same but the new internal parts will allow a massive filter bag for true dual wand use in one filter.

Thanks to ALL THE GUYS that have supported us to help us get to this point with our filter. IT IS JUST A FILTER I KNOW BUT I HOPE ITS THE BEST !@!#%ING FILTER YOU HAVE EVER USED !!

Last edited by a moderator:

Buck1955

Name
John
I use No Nonsense queen size knee high hose inside the mesh filter, it catches a lot more and is disposable. Once when I was at Kmart I bought several boxes of them along with a box of rubbers for my son. The cashier looked up at me, I said " Got a big weekend planned!"

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
$15.00 You pay shipping.

And to sweeten the deal, I send you Happy Rosh Hashana crads for next 15 years.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Marty,

I ordered a new Devastator because it would not be practical to reconfigure yours to my system.

Thanks for everyone's advice.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom