Inline filters

Do you run them? My experience has been they kill suction very fast especially if you run the liners in them. Running them without makes more sense, but then you have to worry about cleaning them after each job. Running two with a y does help.

Do you run a basket in your tank? Suction is better with this alone and no filters. Not terribly hard to clean, but still messy and when it's half full your suction is off.

Or do you run no filters of any kind? This means you can't run an apo for the most part. You will have to clean the tank more and blower filter, but your suction will be great the entire job.

How do you roll and why? I have used many different set-ups and for me it's easier to run filter-less except for the blower.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
on my Thermalwave I have a filter box...with a 2.5 inch hose connection...

I don't really use the basket for nothing more then support of a knee high that I put into the 2.5 inch connection...

IMG_6089.jpg

IMG_6046.jpg

On my 570...I still use the modified pool filter...and I do the same thing and line the basket with a knee high
for me this is still the best filter...breaths really good and does not bog you down...and the knee highs are the cheapest filters you can get and easiest to just switch out....

100_3750.jpg

100_3749.jpg

I have never tried the devastator filter but I here it is a really good design and work good.......

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I run an inline filter. I also put a knee high in it just like Jim. I don't even care if it cuts down on flow. I like how easy it is to clean up. I still get 8 hour dry times with no dry stroke.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Do you run them? .

won't run without one .
No panty hose, just the stainless screen
Pool filters for years, then a modified pool filter (2.5" ports) ran a double pool filter set-up for a minute

Last couple/few years we've been using a Mytee Lint Hog w/2.5" ports

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I am not a steam cleaner but correct me if I am wrong. Dry stroke can also be referd to as cleaning strokes ?

not in the practical sense of the definition here
no water flow on a dry stroke ...just an additional stroke(s) to remove more moisture from the cleaning spray wand stroke(s)

..L.T.A.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
not in the practical sense of the definition here
no water flow on a dry stroke ...just an additional stroke(s) to remove more moisture from the cleaning spray wand stroke(s)

..L.T.A.
Don't listen to Larry, he has a wicked sense of humor.
Even Waldo will tell you: Dry strokes means that one is sober while operating the wand. :razz:

Larry I have run dual 2.5 inch mytee lint hog filters y'd together, dual 2 inch, single filters, filters with and without the sock, just the basket, and filterless.

I can say for a fact that the panty hose liner is ridiculous because it catches everything and kills your vacuum. Stuff that would normally pass through the mess and fall to the bottom of the tank to get flushed or pumped out gets trapped.

Do you want maximum performance or convenience? No filter except for blower will give best performance but add more work.

Jim you have a great filter box that is easily accessible. Why not just clean it between jobs? That sock you add is really cutting down on your vacuum. Why always in the back of your mind ask yourself how is the vacuum from room to room? When was the last time you ran with no inline or basket?

It looks like convenience wins out over performance with most here.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Larry I have run dual 2.5 inch mytee lint hog filters y'd together, dual 2 inch, single filters, filters with and without the sock, just the basket, and filterless.

I can say for a fact that the panty hose liner is ridiculous because it catches everything and kills your vacuum. Stuff that would normally pass through the mess and fall to the bottom of the tank to get flushed or pumped out gets trapped.

Do you want maximum performance or convenience? No filter except for blower will give best performance but add more work.

Jim you have a great filter box that is easily accessible. Why not just clean it between jobs? That sock you add is really cutting down on your vacuum. Why always in the back of your mind ask yourself how is the vacuum from room to room? When was the last time you ran with no inline or basket?

It looks like convenience wins out over performance with most here.

being a avid rotary cleaner..its not that simple......that basket gets so clogged up that after a room and a half that I lose vacuum...( and yes I pre-vac..but rotaries dig out more then any vacuum will ).....with the nylon..everything collects down bottom and leaves the sides clear and I lose nothing........

I would never run with out filtering...not my thing.....

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I love my rc99 filter, its like a devastator, the sock is easy to clean with a dust downer and cheap to replace before any noticeable vacuum loss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

being a avid rotary cleaner..its not that simple......that basket gets so clogged up that after a room and a half that I lose vacuum...( and yes I pre-vac..but rotaries dig out more then any vacuum will ).....with the nylon..everything collects down bottom and leaves the sides clear and I lose nothing........

I would never run with out filtering...not my thing.....

Seeing as the sock fills 10 times faster than the basket and cuts air flow much faster do you change the sock several times per job? I found myself doing just that and always asking my help how is the vac? I got tired of doing that. Yes rotaries do pull more, but you can always filter when you dump and clean the blower filter daily.

I was just trying to get a gauge on what most people here are doing.

I know you are a performance guru so I'm shocked that you would use something that dramatically reduces vacuum.

I guess what I want to know is why do you think using a sock filter is so beneficial if after one room it's probably plugged?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Seeing as the sock fills 10 times faster than the basket and cuts air flow much faster do you change the sock several times per job? I found myself doing just that and always asking my help how is the vac? I got tired of doing that. Yes rotaries do pull more, but you can always filter when you dump and clean the blower filter daily.

I was just trying to get a gauge on what most people here are doing.

I know you are a performance guru so I'm shocked that you would use something that dramatically reduces vacuum.

I guess what I want to know is why do you think using a sock filter is so beneficial if after one room it's probably plugged?

everything goes to the bottom of the nylon and the sides stay clear...weather it is in the basket or the pool filter....with out the nylon...the sides of the basket in the filter box...and the pool filter start clogging up....I have been doing this for I don't know how long and I have never had tank problems..performance problems....or dry time issues...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Do you want maximum performance or convenience?

I don't use panty hose or bag filters cause i agree they clog too fast and I'm not concerned with particulate soil in the waste tank.
It requires no filtering when draining.
what I don't want, Dan'l, is a ton of carpet lint and hair in my waste tank .
I'm NOT going to filter scuzzy waste tank carpet nectar every time we drain the tank ....yuk
Much easier to clean the filter before that lint/hair gets to the tank ...and probably a "little" healthier too

as far as performance ..
The vast majority of our hose runs are 100ft and under ..and our dry times have never been bad .
Truth is though, wand technique and amount of pre-spray (and/or type of pre-spray believe it or not) has more to do with dry times than most realize

you can go filterless ..it's cool with me.
I won't though..

..L.T.A.

Name
BradFenstermaker
I use pool filter just as Jim. My insert is moded like his. Knee high liner. I do some pretty bad Shanty's some days. Restaruants on a regular schedule. NEVER any clogging probs. All my crud gets pulled to bottom.

Local Dollar General thinks I am a bank Robber!

If mine clogged I shoulda used a leaf blower first.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom