Inline Heater and JB Weld

C

chervenc19

My heater on my Ninja 500 psi with heat as a small crack in it that causes it to leak. I purchased some JB Weld a while back to fix it and I am just now getting around to it. In the manual for the machine I don’t see any specs on the heater but online I think I saw it is an inline 1800 watt heater. JB Weld says it can handle 250 deg F continuous and 300 deg F intermittent. Does any one know how hot the outside of this heater will get and if the JB Weld will work without creating a fire hazard. I have been using the machine without heat just fine but would like to try and fix this. Also what type of insulation do I need to get to wrap this thing back up and install.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"fire hazard"??
JB weld isn't flammable, is it?
it's pretty much just epoxy

I figure the temp rating they're giving is the working spec parameters ...not a caution on flammability

don't know how those boxes get and whether the JB will work or not for the application you're intending

..L.T.A.

C

chervenc19

meAt said:
"fire hazard"??
JB weld isn't flammable, is it?
it's pretty much just epoxy

I figure the temp rating they're giving is the working spec parameters ...not a caution on flammability

don't know how those boxes get and whether the JB will work or not for the application you're intending

..L.T.A.

I think I am with MeAt and I am assuming that JB Weld is not flammable. I am thinking that it would just soften back into its flexible self at temps above 300 deg F. I was just hoping that someone here may have used this product in a similiar situation and could save me the cost to a radiator repair shop or a burned up portable in a customers house. No biggie though, if a repair shop is the safe play then so be it.

By the way MeAt you were 100% right on the Bissell vacuum. I just bought one and followed up a vacuumming with my oreck commercial vacuum in our second bedrom / dog room and what the Bissell pulled out after the oreck was crazy. I thought I stole that oreck for $20 bucks but after seeing what it left I fell sorry for the person that buys it off of craigslist for $50 obo.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
chervenc19 said:
By the way MeAt you were 100% right

yea...I usually am.... 8)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

don't they make high temp application epoxies??

and where is the leak?
any pics?

a proper repair (if possible) may or may not be so expensive.
You have to clean and prep for an epoxy repair anyway, so you may as well get that part done, then take it to a shop for an estimate to fix right
Maybe you'll be surprised
worth a shot anyway...cause estimates are free

..L.T.A.

C

chervenc19

meAt said:
chervenc19 said:
By the way MeAt you were 100% right

yea...I usually am.... 8)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

don't they make high temp application epoxies??

and where is the leak?
any pics?

a proper repair (if possible) may or may not be so expensive.
You have to clean and prep for an epoxy repair anyway, so you may as well get that part done, then take it to a shop for an estimate to fix right
Maybe you'll be surprised
worth a shot anyway...cause estimates are free

..L.T.A.

I got pics of the small crack but couldnt figure out how to post them. I can email them to someone if they would be willing to post them for me. If the repair for this costs more than a hundred I am in the wrong bus.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Re: Inline Hea<a href="http://s594.photobucket.coter and JB Weld

Here's your pic.
bustedheater.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
take it to a weld/fab shop and/or radiator repair and get a professional opinion on repair first

proceed from there

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom