Installation Excellency (even if I do say so myself)

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Here is a new Mercedes (Dodge) Cab Chassis with a VERY nice pantec we finalized last week.

DSC04372.jpg

DSC04374.jpg

We installed a PowerClean D-XT Diesel Genesis as the powerplant of this unit
DSC04380.jpg

Live water feed hose reel is fitted to the top of a 3 high carpeted storage container box.
DSC04409.jpg

Underneath the machine console is a APO hose reel, and it will also hold the various chemical injection bottles.
DSC04383.jpg

Under the Stainless 3 Tier chem shelf is a side drawer to keep everything tidy
DSC04384.jpg

Rear of the machine shows the two stainless vac hose reels. One is for 2.5” hose, the other for 2”. Both are mounted on top of carpeted draw boxes to make use of the height in this pantec box. Also, the rack will comfortably secure 6 x Drieaz airmovers off the floor.

Here you can see another 2 slide out drawers that can that hold quite a bit of equipment neatly out of the road.
DSC04394.jpg

Right hand rear side view shows another stainless chemical shelf.
DSC04397.jpg

This install allows HEAPS of room around the DXT to make scheduled servicing very simple. There is also underbody storage on this side as well.
DSC04398.jpg

3 x 20 litre bulk containers makes carrying larger amount of chemicals easy. Beside that you will see a large on board fresh water tank.
DSC04400.jpg

DSC044055.jpg

Jerry

Supportive Member
Jim, very,very nice. What is the total heigth of that truck/box. It might be a great alternative to a extended van. sweet setup!

jimn

Jim and Gary,

That is one of the most organized and clean fit-outs I have ever seen. Well done mate! shiteatinggrin

Chads

Supportive Member
you really need to show us how to make some of our own cabinets with the carpet, I would really like to see the process.

Greenie

I always see questions about "cost" to do these Fit-Outs....boys, I must cushion you a bit on this....the average Yank is usally surprised what the boys down under pay for a nice set up, the bottom line is they value their money making equipment and vehicle, "we" in the northern hemisphere tend to balk at anything over a typical quick and dirty installation.

You too can have all that beauty and efficiency, you just have to PAY for it, and some have an issue doing just that, it IS a Custom installation after all. I wouldn't surprise me to have a $100,000 AUS pricetag for what was shown.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Greenie said:
I always see questions about "cost" to do these Fit-Outs....boys, I must cushion you a bit on this....the average Yank is usally surprised what the boys down under pay for a nice set up, the bottom line is they value their money making equipment and vehicle, "we" in the northern hemisphere tend to balk at anything over a typical quick and dirty installation.

I think we all know that's custom work and costs more.

however, I'm curious if it's "typical" of the average Aussie rig?

Is the average BDCC any different the world over?

I mean, there's guys like Ron Beatty and guys like Nick
Most are somewhere in the middle, no?

Are the Assusies somehow different than that?

..L.T.A.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
What, all those $'s spent and no vacuum???? 8)

Slick set up. I like how the doors open up. My old truck was a poor imitation of that but it was nice being out of the rain.

Question about the blower air path. It looks like the air comes from the tank, into a exhanger/filter? Then to the blower and out? Have you gotten away from those large inline filters before the tank?

Greenie

Ron Werner said:
What, all those $'s spent and no vacuum???? 8)

Question about the blower air path. It looks like the air comes from the tank, into a exhanger/filter? Then to the blower and out? Have you gotten away from those large inline filters before the tank?

Ron,
The dual 3" filters were just taken out of the waste tank and housed separately for ease of servicing, it may have added some holding capacity to the waste tank as well. It's a very good idea if you have a Blower HX and you need to protect the blower path from fine debris.

Back
Top Bottom