Installing machine in new van

I have a brand new chevy extended one ton van and a prochem Everest HP with the 408 blower.
With my old setup I have the between the seat water tank. The machine has to sit back far enough from the water tank to service the machine or heat exchangers etc. This takes up most of the room at the side doors. With the water tank gone the machine can sit pretty close to the seats which if needed can be slid forward. The waste tank will only move up so far but as far as I can tell the only connection from the tank to the machine is the rubber hose going from the blower to the tank. If the machine was moved forward I could just get a new hose cut to whatever length I need.

The reason I say this is because I am leaning towards installing a 200' electric hose reel next to the machine or to the left facing it coming out the side doors. Pressure line and freshwater reels coming out the back. This would open the back up and be more beneficial to me. Sure on some jobs having the hose come out the back would be nice, but it's no big deal. I would get a 60 gallon freshwater tank maybe the 100 but I think 60 gallons is enough for what I need to do. I was told I could not do an install like this, but I don't see why it can't be done. I could install the hose reel in the back but I think the side door option would be better so the back is open for tools fans or whatever.

Would like your opinion on this.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thats what we do on our slide-in units. We do run bolts up from floor, put nuts on the bolt to hold it there and then set the reel on the bolts and nuts to tighten it down. This way when the time comes for maintenance or repairs you unbolt the nut and lift it off. Pulling the hose off first will make it simple

Able 1

Name
Keith
You run the between the seats tank Richard? With that tank I would never run hose out of the side, I hate that tank( I have one for sale BTW).

Name
Lee Stockwell
Where did you disappear to for the last few years Daniel? Some deep south voiced guy answered your phone and said you'd sold the biz to him.

J

JS41035

Idk man.even with the everest pushed up against the seats a reel out the side door would be crazy tight. Wrapping up jose would be a hassle.

tcdepot

Name
The Cleaner's Depot
It would definitely be a tight fit to put the reel on the side with a big machine like the Everest. One option if you're going to go with an electric vac reel would be to get a dual-stand bracket that sits in front of your vac reel where you can put both the solution hose and garden hose. This saves you a nice aisle if you get a fresh water tank over the wheel well and makes maintaining the machine easy.

You could even run a remote vac port to the back of the truck and live solution and garden so you'd never have to run hoses to the front of the machine if you want to get real fancy. Here's a picture below of what it would look like coming out the back. This is in a standard Chevy, so an extended would give you an extra two feet of storage in the back.

DSC00214.JPG

That aisle was wide enough to fit an Evolution dehumidifier through. If you went with a 60-gallon tank instead of a 100-gallon tank, you'd probably be able to fit a larger LGR dehumidifier through there.

Hope this helps.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
In the setup pictured the vac hose is too far back in my opinion. I would also go with a single solution hose reel, you already have a fresh water tank, so the garden hose will mostly be used to fill the tank at the beginning or end of the day. I'd wind the garden hose by hand throw it on top of the tank.and save yourself some floor space.

I'd also go with a narrower vac hose reel, (16-inch wide) put it beside the cleaning unit. Then just strap the extra 50-foot of vac hose and hang it on a hanger until needed.

Oh well the yellow guys deserve it! Except Ralph of course....he deserves worse! ;)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
This is similar to what we do in our extended van's. We install the narrow reel up near the cleaning unit.

However on the van's we pull the the water tank back to the rear of the truck mounted on the drivers side.

This is one of our Spartan box vans we put together last year for water damage work. After this photo we had shelving built for airmovers and dehumidifiers.

2013-11-08_11-15-11_724_zps6bd2a5c9.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom