Insulating my new van

I want to have insulation in my truck....what I'm thinking of doing is using the styro-foam like insulation and then putting panel board over it with carpet...
Is there a better thing to use on the walls then panel board? I thought it would be nice to use panel board because it will flex enough so I can screw it on the walls of my Chevy Van(which kinda have a curve to it)....then I can put clips for wand, upholstery tools, t & g equipment, ets.)
Any suggestions would help....thanks

John Watson

Why not use a foil or shiney back insulation panel simalar to what is used on duc works attatched by sprayed on adhesive, you can mold it to the curves of the van, tape the seams. It is pretty easy to keep clean. In your cold areas winter months the reflection is an added plus,

-JB-

Name
JB
Rob I just put regular insulation in and taped it to the walls w/Gorilla tape, then had the dealer, through Uni-cell install a cargo liner right over it, looks real nice.

thanks jb....can you put wand clips on that cargo liner?
I was thinking of putting the panel board with marine grade carpet but if I can rivet the clips to that liner that would look a lot better....
Why wouldn't I be able to rivet the wand clips to that liner?
Any idea how much those go for JB?
thanks again guys

Mike Draper

I haven't ordered it from that company....but I;m sure if you do a search for it on google, someone is bound to have it out there.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
We have a local insulation company spray foam to the depth of the ribs on the chevy models. Then we'll put paneling up.

Works great!

Well it works great as long as your not cheap. :D

-JB-

Name
JB
The liner was a "free" :roll: option w/the van purchased w/their fleet program, supposed to run about $1200., you can attach almost anything to that liner or to luan using self tapping screws w/no problems.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom