Insurance Audits.......Ever Had One?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I've had business insurance since 1988, and had always been told that I could be audited. Well, I had one today. Nothing bad, just wanted to know my income and if I had any employees - full or part time - and if they were being paid by payroll check or 1099. Wham, bam, thank you RW. Less than 5 minutes, and not painfull at all.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Every year.

In good years I have to pay more, in bad they give me back some of the over estimated sales premium.

Its a lose.........lose proposition.
:confusedd:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
wait till ya get the full IRS audit.......
they make Richards colonoscopy
look lik making it to first base!

Reactions: Brian H

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Yes, every year.

Usually we just send over payroll/revenue info and thats it. 1x they did show up to check more thoroughly.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
My audit was by phone call. They sent me info on the info I would need, and just read it off to the auditor.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
No audit for the first 3 years. Then an audit every year after that. As Richard says, usually I had to pay but sometimes I got a few dollars back. Knowing how to properly categorize employees for workman's comp saved many dollars.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Been audited by all the above mentioned! Work comp audit just happened 3 weeks ago. IRS audit about 8 years ago. Work comp the easiest as my accountant did it all.

Mark Saiger

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea I've had the Feds twice and the labor once. Feds cost me 5K the first and 3K the second but the second time she found enough from past year that that we didn't take advantage of so in the end it almost zeroed out.

$700.00 for allowing my son to work more hours than he was supposed for his age. I told her my dad had me as a slave, I worked 40-plus hours at the same age, the difference is we are a corp and my father wasn't. I filed a protest but it got shot down so I had to pay the $700.00. She was here for a week and that was all she could come up with. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom