Insurance to CYA in water damage restoration?

DavidM

I am having trouble finding out what insurance coverage I would need for WDR. Someone told me I should carry a pollution liability policy, I am with Nationwide and my agent doesn't have a clue.
Thanks Dave

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
There was an excellent article in one of the trade magazines - Cleanfax I think- 5 or 6 months back. Explained all the variations of the policies, would really covered you and what some agents would sell that would not help.

Check the on-line archives for Cleanfax and ICS under key word insurance.

Scott Warrington

John Watson

Don't mean to be a smart ass (Just comes naturally)

Best CYA insurance, Go to the proper school and learn how to do the job properly and you will also learn what liabilities are at stake and probably find an Insurance company that is already clued in.

Rule number 1. Insurance companies do not pay for negligence and/or stupidity on your/or your employee's part.

Who needs insurance to do WDR? You only need it if you screw it up!

Seriously, most agents don't know, why should they, they may sell 1 policy for a water restorer every life time or so. Actually, what's worst, no one ever asks if you have the right insurance to do the work for them.

How many agents and adjusters actually refer contractors that are under insured? They are potentially trading one loss for another!

To answer the question go to:
www.armr.net

Kelly

Looks to me like a few players are going to be leaving the table, and theres gunna be a lot less vans with the "24 hour flood response signage". So...uh...do ya think that if the epa is looking at what disaster companies are dumping and where they are dumping...that it might occur to the epa that carpet cleaners dump waste water as well? And that some one in the epa might be smart enough to impose a responsibility clause on the carpet cleaning community as well? My one friend who owns one of the largest restoration companies in the state says the insurance will only cost in the neighbor hood of 20 to 30 thousand dollars for his business. You know what sucks... thats going to make it a little harder for some of my clients to stay in business.

DavidM

Thanks for the info on cleanfax I will look it up. On the issue of education I have passed on many jobs because I had no training and now that I have began to educate myself I am so glad I passed on the work, I would have done a lot wrong or at least not to industry standards. I am scared to death of "doing everything rite" and getting sued down the road for a mold claim that had nothing to do with the loss I worked, and having no insurance to back me up. For those of you that have coverage for WDR who is it with?
Thank you,
Dave

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom