Insurance

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So I’ve had State Farm forever. They are about to screw me for the second time this year. 2020 sucks.
Who do you use and do they pay when chit happens?
They took 30 days to make a decision on both claims. Then told my daughter it was her fault for being at a complete stop and getting rear ended so bad it bent the frame and pan. Trying to put a point on her record.
I have 11 policies with them. They took 5 weeks to pay when my machine caught fire and burned up the van.
Not looking for cheap insurance, just someone who will be there when it hits the fan.

Thanks

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I will definitely be attorney shopping. I thought State Farm would handle this since it was so straight forward of a accident.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
In past years you could be confident in good service when you chose a major insurance provider.

I don't believe that is true any longer. While your agent may still be the great person they always were, the way claims are processed is far removed from what it used to be.

I believe you're getting no better service when you have a claim than you would if you chose an independent agent. For the savings vs a major provider you might as well shop around.

The commercials are just sales tools, not how you're treated in real life. In real life they are looking at the inconvenience you're cost them, the potential loss of their bonus and the hassles processing your loss is going to be before it can be closed.

It's all numbers now. They love when you pay in but hate it when they have to pay out.

Last edited:

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I have Erie on my truck and Travelers on my car. On my car, Just had a claim with rodents eating the wires on my car. They paid $3700 and gave me a rental while repairs were made. Travelers did a hail damage on my house for $9000 The way any insurance company handles claims shows who is best.
What kind of car? I have heard that certain car manufacturers are using soy based products for wire insulation and rats love 'em!

Brian H

Name
Brian H
We had a rat get into our house once when I was younger. It came in through the sump pump discharge line. That rat crawled up the inside back of the washing machine and ate all the wiring. we were lucky that it didn't start a fire!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
It's all numbers now. They love when you pay in but hate it when they have to pay out.
My nephew runs a real estate finance company, and says that with any financial institution you only look at bottom line costs. He thinks the insurance companies with the cutest commercials are typically the worst to deal with, and works with companies like Mutual of Enumclaw.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
My nephew runs a real estate finance company, and says that with any financial institution you only look at bottom line costs. He thinks the insurance companies with the cutest commercials are typically the worst to deal with, and works with companies like Mutual of Enumclaw.
So the geckko is out?

U. S. VET.

Name
U. S. VET.
If anyone ever bothers to read your commercial business contract “policy”, nearly all of them are voided by a lot of what we do ~ especially resto work ~ & good luck finding someone who will cover commercial losses without involving an attorney to go over “addendums”.

Really crazy stuff like ~ if you use a blower to dry the carpet after cc’n and the fan catches fire ~ that kind of nit-pickin legal crap.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Independent agent here. House and everything goes thru him.
I look at the policies in jan and ask him if he can get me a better deal.

Did you know that if you BBQ those ratz just right Bobby Flay style they can be real good .

Jus sayin

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom