Insured Properly?

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Had another job rfq today where a company that is mainly a cc'er - completed a water loss, custy ended up with problems, and the cc'er is up the crick.

CC'er doesn't have restoration specific insurance - his insurer refused the claim, and now the cleaning co. is on the hook for all mold abatement and rebuild costs.

And it is significant damage.

I know the co. and it is likely to put their lights out for good unfortunately - maybe even on the streets if his company isn't structured to protect him personally.

Something to consider sooner than later gents.

Even a frivolous suit can cost hundreds of hours and tens of thousands just to get to arbitration.

Check your coverages - make sure you will be covered on restoration specific losses, and make sure there isn't a mold exclusion or unreasonable limits, having a $5k-10k cap isn't even close to enough.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I understand your point but in actuality I don't know if you can ever be insured enough. Even then that in itself causes you to be a target as attorneys look for phat cash.

Here is the thing, do everything you can to protect yourself, document what you did, both written and photo's. Don't be fooled that your insurance company cares about you, or that are working with your best interests at heart.

They are NOT, they care about exposure and if they can turn their back on you they will, no matter how much premium money they took from you over the years. They care about themselves and only themselves, you are but a nuisance that caused them to be put into action.

Document, act "as if", as if I will need to defend myself from the paperwork in the file. You just may need to.

Reactions: KevinL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom