Interchanging glides

Gordy

I am using a 14 inch CMP wand and am considering making a small slot in the side so I can slide different glides on and off.

Interested to hear from anyone else who has tried this.

Do you find solution splashes out through the slot for taking the glides off.

Does it affect how the glides seal on the wand over time.

Any other feedback appreciated.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
A few have done it, but the biggest problem is the likelihood of cutting into the vacuum chamber of the wand. Unlike Prochems, the CMP wands are bent and welded sheet stock and it is difficult to cut the right area away without compromising the weld/bend. You can do it, but be very slow and careful. If it gets close, it would be better to trim the glide back than to cut into the weld/bend on the wand. If you do get into the vac chamber, you can repair it with a new weld or JB Weld/epoxy, but it will never be as pretty.

Take care,
Lisa

Greenie

Lisa is very thorough, I'll cut to the chase. DON'T DO IT!

The CMPs are easy to remove, they "roll" forward quite easily, with the wand inverted with jets facing UP and facing YOU grab the glide with both hands thumbs pointed at each other and try to ROLL the glide forward, this will disengage the rear lip and the glide will pop off, you'll probably get one of the ends to let go first, that is fine.

It's not worth cutting a notch like the Prochems.

Greenie

naw...the CMP comes off easily you probably aren't doing any damage, try the roll technique.

TimP

I took mine off a few weeks ago to check to see if I had any debris in the wand head. I think I may of had one yarn in there. It was very easy to get on and off, I was surprised. I think my hydrahoe glide was a lot harder to get on.

G

Be careful !
Teflon has a "Tensile Strength rating of" = Poor

Which means = Its ability to be stretched or extended !

Cheers AL

Greenie

One beautiful thing about PTFE (teflon) is it's unique memory or lack thereof, if your glide ever gets "stretched" just heat it up and compress it with a hand towel, not much more than giving it a good squeeze, wrap it real quick in some tape to serve as a clamp and keep it compressed...let it cool. It will be a tight as new when you are done!

Back
Top Bottom