Interested in learning about commercial carpet cleaning

Name
Zack
Hi all,
I am a new member I am 29 and looking to start a career in carpet cleaning as an owner operator.
I currently do flooring sales of carpet and vinyl, and I would like to parlay my relationships into carpet / tile / and hard surface cleaning.
Really I would like to focus on apartment buildings, offices, and big properties while also mixing in residential work.
I have done some research on vans and trucks and different machines, but I really am brand new to the industry and don’t know where to start learning.
for someone interesting in focusing on commercial carpet cleaning work, can you point me in the direction of where to learn about the best machinery, as well as any challenges and obstacles that I may run into?
I appreciate any input!
Zack

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Although it sounds sexy when just starting out, I would not focus on Apartments. Parking can be an issue, the tenants get on your nerves, hose runs can be very long, management is always looking for someone cheaper. But who know's, you're in New York, so everything may be a pain for parking and hose runs. Are you going Truckmount or Porty? Also, welcome to the board.

Mikey P

Administrator
Welcome

Yep apartments need to be your full focus to be done right.

You'll need many trucks, a fleet of low brow employees who can patch, stretch and do color repair and play a numbers game where each truck bringing in $500 a day is delightfull

Mikey P

Administrator
a 45 blower on up truckmount
a few vacuum cleaners
a carpet groomer
a carpet rake
a 10" CRB
an OP machine
two upholstery tools
a 175
a tile spinner
tile hand tool
breath mints
lots of education.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I assume when you say apartment buildings, you mean the common areas in the building, not the suites. Vlm is the way to go for that type of commercial carpet. You can get a mini van that will fit into the underground parkades. You will need a good orbital machine like the trinity phoenix or the His vibe. Lots of scrub and absorbent pads. Good quality vacuum cleaners. A basic portable extractor for upholstery cleaning as well as spot and misc cleaning. Stay away from residential and focus on the commercial. Bigger jobs and less headaches.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Hi all,
I am a new member I am 29 and looking to start a career in carpet cleaning as an owner operator.
I currently do flooring sales of carpet and vinyl, and I would like to parlay my relationships into carpet / tile / and hard surface cleaning.
Really I would like to focus on apartment buildings, offices, and big properties while also mixing in residential work.
I have done some research on vans and trucks and different machines, but I really am brand new to the industry and don’t know where to start learning.
for someone interesting in focusing on commercial carpet cleaning work, can you point me in the direction of where to learn about the best machinery, as well as any challenges and obstacles that I may run into?
I appreciate any input!
Zack
Since you're already in the sales part of flooring, have you considered networking with several water mitigation and fire damage companies to sell them flooring? I don't know what part of New York you're in, but if you're near the big city, you could bank some big sales jobs and not lift a finger on labor.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Since you're already in the sales part of flooring, have you considered networking with several water mitigation and fire damage companies to sell them flooring? I don't know what part of New York you're in, but if you're near the big city, you could bank some big sales jobs and not lift a finger on labor.
you're peaking early it's still 2020

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom