interesting observation

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
My old unit was overheating yesterday. She's a quirky old lady ;)
I'd rev it up and 5 minutes after setting the wand down she would overheat and shut off.
So, I rev'd it down a couple hundred rpms, and one, she seemed to run just fine, and
two, I noticed NO difference in the performance at the wand.
Its a Roots 59, 50ft 2.5" hose to 50ft 2", to a greenhorn wand with holed glide, pressure was 500psi, lift was 11"

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Are you running that Big Red Ron? I used to work years ago with a guy from the Island that had a bigun diesel unit. When it ran, it sang, when it didn't love ya', she was a stubborn ol' gal. Pete Garret ring any bells?

John Watson

Ronaye, Machine prolly has indigestion, Burp or give an enema, Or maybe just play with it for a while... Maybe its sensors need to be stroked??

Peter Garrat was was an Ok guy for someone from Canadia, Hadn't thought of him in years

Willy P

Name
Willy P
He left a wake is what has been told to me John, if you follow me. Not a pretty one either. The last I heard of him, he was working in Campbell River for the school board. He was a hard bastard to work for, but the nicest guy after hours.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Can't say as I've heard of him.
Yes, this unit does have a nice ring to it when she's running.

My point in the post was more that I got the same performance at the wand at lower RPM's. Perhaps the gents with the big blowers and big engines don't have to rev them quite as high to get the performance, esp with the Greenie kits.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom