Interesting way to have your fleet of vans keep a full tank of gas

Name
Nate W.
A local semi-truck company who has 20 semi-trucks, 17 of which pull tankers that refill gas stations.. They pay $135k per truck/year for insurance.. That sure is some coin..

As for trucks that refuel fleet vehicles, I'm sure it's more of a numbers game and easier to keep track of/ bookkeeping, etc...

When you get your fleet of garbage trucks Smatty, then look into the refueling of ya fleet! :lol:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
wonder how much additional per gal it is?
and will it make cents vs the cost of losing 10-15 minutes to fill up at gas station

..L.T.A.
Made a good point about preventing fraud from the employees with the company gas credit cards as well. If you have a new employee and his girlfriend needs a full tank of gas to get to the nail salon place across town. "Sure Honey...I'll hook you up. Meet me at the Chevron tomorrow morning. I'll be in 'my' work van"

Reactions: Steve Lawrence
Name
Swani
We have a trucking service that fills our locomotives. Each locomotive holds around 4000 gal of fuel. A typical coal train consist has 4 locomotives and a grain train has 3. On a good day we run 30 trains across our system.

Name
Swani
Made a good point about preventing fraud from the employees with the company gas credit cards as well. If you have a new employee and his girlfriend needs a full tank of gas to get to the nail salon place across town. "Sure Honey...I'll hook you up. Meet me at the Chevron tomorrow morning. I'll be in 'my' work van"
Most company gas cards now have the option to require the employee to enter their I.D.# and mileage of the vehicle they are filling making it pretty easy to see any discrepancies.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Most company gas cards now have the option to require the employee to enter their I.D.# and mileage of the vehicle they are filling making it pretty easy to see any discrepancies.
We have a gas card at the local gas station and our drivers are required to enter a code as well as entering their vehicle # and mileage. I am sure there are still ways to cheat the system, but it does seem to be working.
wonder how much additional per gal it is?
and will it make cents vs the cost of losing 10-15 minutes to fill up at gas station
We looked into that with our fleet. They have a special collar that is put around the fill tube of every vehicle that sends a code to the filling computer tracks the amount of fuel delivered to each vehicle. And it can't dispense fuel without that special collar, so no filling a friend's vehicle.

The issue for us was that they can't fuel up the vehicles inside the garage, so we would need a tanker parked here first thing in the morning as the crews were getting set up for their day. If they could have fueled us up inside, with access in the middle of the night, we probably would have gone with that system.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom