Interlink Supply Flex Powder question

F

FB7777

Done testing the 6.5 jar and ready to purchase volume... You guys gonna put it in pails?

Easier to store pails than cases of the stuff... Plus the volume savings and shipping/packaging costs should be better with pails

F

FB7777

Works good for our commercial work... I add a little liquid citrus to it as well to kill the chemical smell that it has

Not sure if it's the sodium Metasilicate , but without the citrus boost the scent is a bit unpleasant to me

We use Powermax on residential , great scent but not strong. Enough IMO for. High traffic commercial lanes

I doubt you'd like the new Flex Mike... Im looking to get away from the butyl and the powdered version of Flex does not contain Butyl

Last edited by a moderator:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
that good eh?

tell me more.

odor?
rinse or no rinse needed?
pH?
02?
di'lmo or buytl?
plays well with others?

There is a pleasant orange fragrance from the d'limonene.

I suggest a rinse for any prespray including Flex Powder.

The pH is 12.5 to 13.0 in the ready to use dilution.

No O2
No butyl
Yes, plenty of d'limonene

Not sure of the question "Plays well with others?" but we have not found any boosters to be needed so no reason to mix Flex Powder with anything else.

Flex Powder has proved so popular, that our production facility is maxed out just filling the 6.5# containers (gallon size). If we get caught up, we will look at the possibility of larger pails. No decision at this time.

Here is a quote from one user who was among the first to try Flex Powder.

I was in the Interlink Supply store yesterday to pick up some things we needed for a couple of large commercial jobs we have this week. I saw cases of the new Flex Powder on display at the front of the showroom and asked about it. The salesman did a great job of telling me all about it. Bottom line I bought a case and used it on the hallways of a large hotel in downtown SLC. Results - Fantastic!
First and most important - the carpet cleaned up beautifully, (they were quite neglected). Waste water going into the toilet was jet black. I've used many different powders in the past but nothing has dissolved as fast and so completely as the Flex Powder. We used hot water with a couple of shakes and we were ready to clean. Having the power of Citrus Solv really made a huge cleaning difference and several of the maids made comments as they passed us saying, "wow that smells really good".
We immediately saw the potential of cost savings. Using 2 Nautilus machines we cleaned 2 floors, (2800 sf ea), using only one full Hydro-Force Injection Sprayer each. And now comes the HOME RUN - NO foaming issues at all!! Wahoooo. That made it worth every penny spent!
Suggestion - Please put me on your e-mail notice list for any and all new products. I didn't know this was even available.
Thanks - Paul Kelly
Blue Diamond Premium Cleaning & Restoration

F

FB7777

The d'limonene is noticeable in the powder Scott and it does have a pleasant citrus scent... For an old cleaner like me tho there is a bit of a strong chemical scent .

After 25 years , I ve developed some chemical sensitivity

The stuff rocks though even without any butyl, which is why I want to purchase in bulk

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Fred - I just talked to production. They are starting to make 5 gallon pail size this week (I think it will be 35 pounds, not sure). Will be available for phone or Internet orders in about a week. It will take 3 to 4 weeks to get a supply to all of our distributors.

Which distributor do you purchase from? I can try to get them moved up on the priority list.

F

FB7777

Pembertons

Thanks Scott

Another big plus is how easily it dissolves, and at least with my 1 jar, there is no clumping

Volume case discounts is very good 20% off on 4 cases , I'll be interested to see if the pail price is consistent with that

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I have also tried the new Flex. I completed 3 restaurants with a rinse and 3 without. So far very impressed. We'll see how the resoiling and residue issues turn out in 30 days. I have been running into a bad problem with resoiling with Powermax even with a rinse. The first question I ask was were they going to offer it in 5 gal pails and was told they didn't know, so happy to see that they are. I used 3 scoops which is less than directions put had great results. I took a picture last night, let me see if I can figure out how to load it.

Checked out the pic I took and both have a glare so you can't really see the results.

Oh, and Ashley if you want a tub of PM for 100. let me know, didn't have to pay shipping because I bought 4 pails!

Last edited:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Fred - I just talked to production. They are starting to make 5 gallon pail size this week (I think it will be 35 pounds, not sure). Will be available for phone or Internet orders in about a week. It will take 3 to 4 weeks to get a supply to all of our distributors.

Which distributor do you purchase from? I can try to get them moved up on the priority list.
Scott, I get this from Bridgepoint Louisville! lol

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd rinse it Billy and use what ever Scott says to Rinse it with. Dlimonline can be tough to rise out and residue would be a real soil attractor. They already have a rinse product formulated for it, it's probably your best choice. :icon_cool:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No haven't tried it yet. Mainly due to our residential rates keep us out of the rat nasty homes and a large precentage of our commercial is low moisture, either OP with Orbots or Encap with Cimex.

Get my wall drying pic's?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom