Internal pressure hose Uph tools

Mikey P

Administrator
How many of you keep a spare hose on the truck?

its a real good idea if you actually clean upholstery on a daily basis like we do.

We had a SS hose blow after a year(longer than normal) and replaced it with a Rotovac hose, which lasted about two hours...:eekk:

That hose came from one of the 1st ShearDrys so I'm hoping they improved the quality..

20140925_185555_zps89czbutb.jpg

a real crappy swedge/connector..

20140925_185708_zps4oev3kgz.jpg

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Just had the same thing happen to my SS tool. Twisted off the end at the head. I think the coupler stopped turning and took the hose out. My local supplier had one in stock. Cleaned the coupler out with carb cleaner and it worked like new.

Mikey P

Administrator
Mini QCs freeze together in a few months. By the time the hose blows they are worthless.

A longer lasting swivel would be a great alternative.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas

hogjowl

Idiot™
No, I don't.

But I keep my internal jet PMF tool on the truck for when the SS tool lets me down.

That SS tool isn't the answer to the upholstery cleaning universe ... like you said it was.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've had two out of four hoses blow. But we use a few of those tools nearly everyday. It happens to the PC tool also. The more you use them the greater the chance. We keep one in stock but not on the truck.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Mickey- when you sold me on the sapphire tool at Proline's customer appreciation day 2 years ago-- you mentioned to keep an extra valve for the tool because they fail. its been 2 years and we clean a lot of upholstery n not a single failure on parts.

If you turn down the PSI at your machine to 200 PSI when doing upholstery cleaning-- then the parts will last longer. the valves are rated at about 250 psi and I would assume the internal hose also has a lower PSI rating then the carpet cleaning hoses.
pumping 500-600 psi into a 250 psi part is just asking for trouble.

hope this helps

Reactions: Mikey P

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Never had luck with those hoses lasting. There has to be a better alternative. I have 4 tools so if one breaks swap until it's repaired. You forget how heavy the prochem.

Gene

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Then turn off the chem pump if you believe your statement is correct for your machine-- most likey, the chem in bulk tank is for carpet and not upholstery-- use hand sprayer to apply chem to fabric n rinse w just water from TM.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I suppose you could do it that way.

We've never had a valve problem yet. Maybe its the high heat? We've owned two of our tools since they were first introduced.

Mikey P

Administrator
No, I don't.

But I keep my internal jet PMF tool on the truck for when the SS tool lets me down.

That SS tool isn't the answer to the upholstery cleaning universe ... like you said it was.
I've said all along that smart cleaners should keep two styles of up tools on board.

There you go again looking for a silver bullet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom