Invoices in the Field

I can see that this forum is going to be very helpful. How are most of you doing the work orders/invoices in the field. We really like the "printed" copy of the invoice when we leave the customers homes. Right now we send a work order out with the Technician with all of the initial cleaning the customer has requested. After the job is complete, they have a computer with them with an old version of Camelot on it. The Technician types up a complete invoice and prints 2 copies. One for the customer and one for our Admin to type in the main Camelot. Does anyone else do the printed copy in the field? We probably will switch to ServiceMonster so I know this will be a web based version. Love some feedback on which way other companies are doing this.

Thanks again,
Nikki & Kevin Weis

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Do everything right there, no paperwork when I'm done.

IMAGE_269POrtyoffice.jpg

John Buxton

I used to carry a laptop and small printer with me but stopped doing it years ago. There's just too much heat and humidity in the truck for electronics. I bought a Zero Halliburton briefcase and cut foam to fit. I still have the case if anyone wants to buy it, they are built like tanks.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Use a small notebook type laptop. Make sure you have your own wireless via air card etc. and the Battery is charged...very simple look and you don't have to hook up crap.

Don't use a printer....here's the car salesman in me....

When you have the invoice on the screen, show it to the customer....in the print screen of course.

Ask them for their email address so they can have a copy.

BAM...you have their email address. Unless they tell you not to email them...you are good to go.

This has been a moment with Brian.

PS. Yes, everyone in the world has an email address...just in case you decided to throw in that angle.
If they don't, then I am sure their dinosaur ass won't mind an invoice in the mail or a quick write up on the nearest cocktail napkin. :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom