Invoicing upgrade

Rex Tyus

OK. I know I am more than likely the last one to do this. But here is a tip just in case anyone else is hesitant or behind the times. Quickbooks has an email option for sending invoices. I thought it was a great idea the first time I got one from Lisa at Greenglides. I was just reluctant to start doing it myself. Holy shit this works great for estimates and sending invoices. Easier, faster and CHEAPER, than printing and mailing. Not to mention turn around thus far has been dramatically reduced.

Just thought I would share something positive for a change. 8)

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Yeah i run quick books also. love that option. works great.

TimP

I'm behind the times....no quickbooks here. All done on excell for books. I use a invoice book with carbon copies. Write out a bill and get the check. Out of town commercial companies get a printed invoice seperate....we fax those in. Pretty simple and easy for us......at least for me my wife does it all. We've tried quickbooks/peachtree in our carpet install biz and they always have errors and find the best way is to do excell files and no errors and complete control. But that's just us.....

Rex Tyus

I hear Peachtree is a pain. But in Quickbooks if you make and error you can EDIT. :shock:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Quick Books is really the way to go. Works well for my accountant and has very pro looking invoices and estimates and other forms.

I need to get a printer and laptop in my van so I can print them out right then.
I can't print in duplicate so I have some invoices printed up and write out the job where I am and give them a copy. When I get back to the office I enter it into the computer as an invoice and all the info go to the correct places IE; accountant, profit and loss, checking account etc.
Friggin awesome.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I use the email option alot for out of town people. The main reason I went with quickbooks is my accountant uses quickbooks. I just take her a copy of mine and she does my taxes, fixes all my screw ups and sends me back a corrected copy.

Although quickbooks just pissed me off a little tonight. I was using 2005 and it forced my to upgrade to 2008 in order to continue credit card processing. Well tonight I tried to make a back up for the first time since the upgrade and it doesn't support backing up to floppy drives. The cd burner in the old pos machine I have quickbooks installed on hasn't worked in years so I guess I'm gonna have to buy a thumb drive.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Joey Johnston said:
I use the email option alot for out of town people. The main reason I went with quickbooks is my accountant uses quickbooks. I just take her a copy of mine and she does my taxes, fixes all my screw ups and sends me back a corrected copy.

Although quickbooks just pissed me off a little tonight. I was using 2005 and it forced my to upgrade to 2008 in order to continue credit card processing. Well tonight I tried to make a back up for the first time since the upgrade and it doesn't support backing up to floppy drives. The cd burner in the old pos machine I have quickbooks installed on hasn't worked in years so I guess I'm gonna have to buy a thumb drive.

holy shit you havent got a thumb drive yet?? that is behind the times :roll: :roll:

I have tried QB a few times and I hate the fact they need an item number (for inventory yeah great) but for me who has alllll sorts of different prices for different places, times and number of times i clean...it makes for a real PITA

any ideas how to over come that part???

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You are better off with 08 anyway.

Back it up to quickbooks online.
I know we all think someone is trying to steal our client list but if your not backing your data offsite then you are just not backing up your data really at all.

Your computer has a restore feature that brings your computer back to a previous date so backing up to a floppy or whatever is pointless.
Esp. if you have a fire or a flood...and we have all seen that happen.

If you look close on the 08 version you will find the back up. It cost 5 bucks a month and it well worth it.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Actually I did buy a thumb drive once but my wife confiscated it and I havn't bought another for me.

I'm glad you mentioned that though I just remembered I have an mp3 player that doubles as a thumb drive. Well I think I have one anyway if the kids havn't confiscated it yet. :roll:

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Brian Robison said:
You are better off with 08 anyway.

Back it up to quickbooks online.
I know we all think someone is trying to steal our client list but if your not backing your data offsite then you are just not backing up your data really at all.

Your computer has a restore feature that brings your computer back to a previous date so backing up to a floppy or whatever is pointless.
Esp. if you have a fire or a flood...and we have all seen that happen.

If you look close on the 08 version you will find the back up. It cost 5 bucks a month and it well worth it.

I plan to start backing up online within the next month or so when I get my new computer but I won't use quickbooks online backup. For $49 a year you can use carbonite.com and it backs up your whole computer.

I did always keep my floppy in a fire safe but I know that's not foolproof.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Quickbooks can back up your whole computer or just your program.
Different prices I know.
Either way, you are on the right track.

Funny, not all "fire safe" boxs are "Water proof"
and when you have a fire....
Yes that's right class the fire dept. floods your house.

Some companies just ...don't ....get it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom