Iran 🇮🇷 Wool Rugs & Silk

DrUmM@sT3r

Name
Mark Medora
Hey Guys,
My neighbors have a silk rug, some Iran wool rugs that are approximately $30k, plus one Iranian rug that’s over 100 years old.
Any advice would be helpful, I do have some fine wool pretreat but it’s a several years old. Low heat? Pretreat?
Thank you.....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Hey Guys,
My neighbors have a silk rug, some Iran wool rugs that are approximately $30k, plus one Iranian rug that’s over 100 years old.
Any advice would be helpful, I do have some fine wool pretreat but it’s a several years old. Low heat? Pretreat?
Thank you.....
Leave it alone. Send it to a professional rug shop. Unless you want to own it of course.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I cleaned an Iranian rug a few weeks ago. Cold water only, neutral treatment, etc.
What told me it was Iranian was the picture of the little Iranian flag at the center top of the rug. It was made very well and had no bleeding issues

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
If you need to ask us how to clean it, you're probably not qualified to do it. Taking a chance on a $30,000 rug is idiotic.

You think. I’ll gamble with surfaces that I know I can replace not so much on fine fabrics.

Last one we sent to a reputable rug Lady in San Diego

Reactions: DrUmM@sT3r

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Hey Guys,
Thank you.....

Leave them alone...

Reactions: DrUmM@sT3r

DrUmM@sT3r

Name
Mark Medora
Yea, I did 15 rugs that are Wool of New Zealand, 4 were 30k and all total about $80k, I’ve done them several times. They even called and wanted me to go back into California stay at the 11 million house, do the rugs & all the slate flooring. Then Covid hit...
They are airb&b’ing that huge place and those nice rugs are soiled heavily....😐

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I had a Yelper ask about doing their Iranian rug in the home. Why? Because they sent it out to a Huntsville Expert Cleaner and High Rug Wizard who kept it two months, would not answer calls and returned it with extensive color bleed.

i asked to come look at it. They have gone silent; screw them if they behave like that.

While we are at it, screw Yelpers in general. They almost never actually want work done around here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom