Is $10,000 a good deal for this Truckmount?

T

Tony Reyes

I am looking into purchasing a Truckmount within the next few months. I would be using it for mostly residential carpets and T&G. I am looking for something brand new $12,000 or less. I would be using a rotary attachment like the 360i. So I figure gas powered is the better way to go so I do not blow breakers? Chem-Tex is offering a package for $10,000. Is this a good overall value? I have also looked at the El Diablo but that is more than I want to spend. What do you guys think? Thanks

http://www.chem-tex.com/Power-Max.php

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Tony Reyes said:
I have heard that Chem-Tex units are not made well. At $10,000 is this a good enough value to offset the potential downfalls?
http://www.chem-tex.com/Power-Max.php

I don't understand. You are about to invest in the heart of your business.
There is no such think as "offsetting a potential downfall".
You are seriously undervaluing the potential downfalls involved here.

Take a little more time to research what is out there, and listen to the advice here. I would think that with 10,000, you should have no problem finding a brand new entry level TM, or even a slighty used unit that is reputable and has a good reliability record. There are ALOT of new choices out there in smaller entry level machines in that price range, as it seems that there is a larger market for them now.
No need to settle for something less.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
If you want a El Diablo talk to Brian @ Cleaners Warehouse in Clackamas

he probably has a couple of complete used packages also

F

FB7777

If I was in the market for a slide in TM the first person I would contact would be Les Jones from Judson TMs.

The guys been building truckmounts most of his life and he might even be able to get you one for that price point

The Sapphire Line has a little Rage unit that is an affordable entry level unit

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Certainly contact Les. Didn't he advertise a unit here on Mikey's Board that he was going to have at the Fest for $9,995?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
If you're going to be using this machine for any time, don't skimp. It'd be money well spent or borrowed to get quality equipment so that you have NO downfalls. Whats a few extra 1000 over 10yrs?

Becker

Name
Becker
I owned a peice of shit Chem Tex panter 25.

I have no ideal if they are any better today.

Good engine. Good blower. Good pump.

But over all a huge hunk of junk.

ascrubabove

Tony,
When I started looking to get my TM, I searched the net for a month reading on this one and that one, then I found this board and much like you I asked just about the same question. I took thier advice and bought a quality TM and I enjoy using it every day. I got a Judson TNT and feel like I have a piece of history!! Engine, Blower, and Pump, every TM has them but how and what they are mounted on make a big differance. Good Luck.

Walt

Hey Anthony,

Like Steve said, you should give Brian at Csw a call. He's got a couple of low hour used machines and a new el diablo. He's a great guy and can help you out.

Back
Top Bottom