Is .70 per foot to color seal average?

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
I'm Raising prices again.
When color sealing grout I don't think I have been charging enough. $/hr was less than commercial carpet cleaning and a lot more back breaking.
What's the going rate to color seal?
While I'm at it - what's going rate to clear seal water base?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Way Low

we would look closer to $1.50 to $2, colorseal is a 1x time shot. I consider it restoration not cleaning
Clear seal depends on how good of a sealer you use they vary from $30 gallon to $100gal

We leave it up to customer

Chris A

Name
Chris
richard said:
I'm Raising prices again.
When color sealing grout I don't think I have been charging enough. $/hr was less than commercial carpet cleaning and a lot more back breaking.
What's the going rate to color seal?
While I'm at it - what's going rate to clear seal water base?

Not that you are, but would you please change your profile name to Dick Weed for just a day, that would be awesome!

keithk

we charge $2.00 a square foot to clean and color seal 12 inch tiles. We use Color Clad / grouterra exclusively. Best stuff out there. More like $179.00 a gallon but we can do $5 to $8000. in work from that one gallon at least.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I was just getting ready to post about color sealing. I've had 3 requests in past 2 weeks. Don 't want to spend 3k for full start up kit from grout perfect so what's the best way to start (or should I say most
Economical. I've sealed a lot of tile so what's the learning curve here, one job?
I get the $2.00 psf to clean and seal so for me that would be .75 to clean and 1.25 to color seal. What is the average longevity I can tell customer for wear?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I think Steve Aleric at Color Seal Pro has great start-up packages along with good training and support. I learned a lot from him. www.colorsealpro.com

Yes, we do sell color seal, but I like his better.

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
I've been charging .75 p/sf to clean and .70 to color seal. For 300+ s/f
Had 2 customers in the last week want to change the grout color on new install.
They both say they don't like the color after it cured. So for these I will only color seal - no cleaning.
1 is 1ft tile in line the other is 1.5 tiles off set.

keithk

Don 't want to spend 3k for full start up kit from grout perfect so what's the best way to start

Yeah Steve is a great guy. He used to be with Grout Perfect. I learned a lot from him. Mike at Color Clad is awesome too www.grouterra.com. If you already have a TM your start up cost are a few hundred bucks at most. You need the sealer, some chamois and a knee board. That's it.

dgargan

We had to do a color seal after we found out the grout we were cleaning for a realtor would not clean up and she asked us to color seal for a showing she had the next day.the grout had to look good.

Ok, so we ran to home depot grabbed a bottle of colored grout sealer and with no experience put it down. She loved it and we never looked at changing brands. What the differance with these other color sealers?

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
richard said:
I've been charging .75 p/sf to clean and .70 to color seal. For 300+ s/f
Had 2 customers in the last week want to change the grout color on new install.
They both say they don't like the color after it cured. So for these I will only color seal - no cleaning.
1 is 1ft tile in line the other is 1.5 tiles off set.
charge what you feel is best for you and your business.....so many guys here say they get $2-4 and that's fine if it's true... but the reality is, you have work and make money. Certain markets are different then others.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
dgargan said:
We had to do a color seal after we found out the grout we were cleaning for a realtor would not clean up and she asked us to color seal for a showing she had the next day.the grout had to look good.

Ok, so we ran to home depot grabbed a bottle of colored grout sealer and with no experience put it down. She loved it and we never looked at changing brands. What the differance with these other color sealers?
I prefer ColorClad because it's thick and a very good color seal. My problem has been customers not liking the colors on the sticks, but the I'm able to sell the somewhat basic colors. If they want a color off the Hydroment or Custom sticks I call Groutsheilds for an exact grout company color match. Groutsheilds is the same as Grout Perfect except they don't advertise here.

Mikey P

Administrator
I did this one today.

new install but the lady did not like how the white grout coincided with her granite

So Kahlua Cream to the rescue..

photobucket-5153-1326524652917.jpg

photobucket-5229-1326524682445.jpg

photobucket-5140-1326524709650.jpg

photobucket-5166-1326524736102.jpg

Some dude from San Jose wanted $500 to do it.

I had a slow day so for $250 I sat there and painted the grout (truck never got involved) and talked motorcycles with the hubby for a couple hours..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom