is a trigger-less hand tool a must?

Todd Millar

Name
Carpet Solutions
The first upholstery tool I used ages ago was a stainless tool with a trigger with a single jet, it worked good.
2 years ago I purchased a Hydro force with no trigger and no outside jets and it is great, I did notice less hand fatigue when doing large upholstery jobs with this tool.
Your Saphire looks awesome!
I like that you can use the trigger or lock it down and go. Definitely something I will looking into when the time comes to replace my upholstery tool.

Reactions: Mikey P

Ron B

Supportive Member
Name
Ron
upload_2016-2-10_12-36-22.png
Thanks Mike! One other feature to point out is the flow valve at the end of the hose.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
jack zerkie
I purchased the rotovac uph tool. Iv;e had many tools in the past years. This tool is very easy to use and I like the spray handle it only works when you press it so I have control. There is a method using the tool that really works. I did over spray the first few times, but with practice it's much easier. The tools is easy to use and easy to hold on the fabric. The vacuum works well and much better than my other tools. The tool does a great job on the skirts of furniture due to the control of the vacuum not to pull or distort the fabric while cleaning. I cleaned two large dirty white sofas and the tool made them clean great and dry without any problems. The tool is well worth the money and is similar to the other tool but is less in price. jz.

Josh

Supportive Member
Name
Josh
I used a Prochem upholstery tool for years and finally went to a DriMaster about 5 years ago. My Drimaster started giving me problems so I went back to the Prochem till I get a chance to fix on the Drimaster. I have tennis elbow, carpel tunnel, and now there’s this weird nodule thing on my hand and I’m told that it’s tendinitis. If I was to buy another I would definitely want a triggerless. That one looks pretty cool.

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.

Nope! The trigger less hand tool (sapphire, my tee, etc) is a waste of money. I bought the Sapphire blue one, and a few months after I wasted $500, I sold it for $250, just so I could use that money to purchase another pmf internal jet hand tool. To me, I couldn't get into tight corners, and the angle I had to hold my hand was not natural at all. It didn't feel like it was doing any cleaning either.

And with all the pictures of the hair buildup that you see inside these things, it looks like an extra tool that needs maintained more than we have time for.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I do like the angle of the PMF but it lacks the finish for me. I don't care for the valve either.

However Ofer is equally as stoopit so I understand different strokes for different folks. ;)

Seriously I know its a personal thing with upholstery tools much like it is with wands.

Now I could try to convince you of your the error of your ways.

However its has worked on Ofer, so I don't think I have a shot at you Matt. :biggrin:

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
I do like the angle of the PMF but it lacks the finish for me. I don't care for the valve either.

However Ofer is equally as stoopit so I understand different strokes for different folks. ;)

Seriously I know its a personal thing with upholstery tools much like it is with wands.

Now I could try to convince you of your the error of your ways.

However its has worked on Ofer, so I don't think I have a shot at you Matt. :biggrin:
What is an Ofer? Lol

Id rather replace an oring on a valve than clean a head of hair out of one of those plastic toys, lol

Did u make it back from Atlanta in one piece?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Nope! The trigger less hand tool (sapphire, my tee, etc) is a waste of money. I bought the Sapphire blue one, and a few months after I wasted $500, I sold it for $250, just so I could use that money to purchase another pmf internal jet hand tool. To me, I couldn't get into tight corners, and the angle I had to hold my hand was not natural at all. It didn't feel like it was doing any cleaning either.

And with all the pictures of the hair buildup that you see inside these things, it looks like an extra tool that needs maintained more than we have time for.
I like the pmf internal jet as well. I find you have to play with jet placement to get a good flow but once it's balanced properly, it's a very east tool to use. Fantastatic on vertical blinds and no over spray

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Matt,
I agree, the internal jet PMF tool will allow you to do much more detailed work.
The SS tool will allow you to control moisture a little better and allow for better production.

I also had the SS tool and sold it to a shady outfit in Topeka. Later on after Richard (whose word I shamefully respect) persuaded me that it is a great tool, so I gave it a second chance. Adjusted my cleaning and learned how to use it better. Now it is my main tool, as you can clean faster with it. However, if I need to perform more detailed cleaning, or better control of the water, or if there are wood edges, the PMF comes out.

What is an Ofer? Lol
That, my friend, is the $64,000 question. Shouldn't we adjust this figure for inflation?
Let’s just say that you either can or you can’t refuse it…

Last edited:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Have had that clear head PMF tool for at least 15 years now. Bought the SS clip on glides for it too. But the valve is a POS. Really makes your hand tired. But PMF doesn't listen to our concerns.....just like they don't listen to making a 2 inch tube swivel head stair tool either.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom