Is BIGGER better?

DryMaster

I have searched Mikey's board but have not found where the following has been adequately addressed. With a dual 3 stage porty, will you have better performance with 25 feet of 2 inch hose or 25 feet of 1.5? I have heard some say that 2 inch is much better and some say the opposite and some say no real difference. Yesterday I was talking to JonDon service and they were vehement about 1.5 being better with electric vac motors. They had a good sounding and confident answer as to why. What I have not found is anyone who has actually measured the air flow and vacuum both ways. Has anyone here done the testing? I realize that Mytee is putting 2 inch on their portys but that may have more to do with being sexy than fast dry time. Or maybe not?

One other thing. Has anyone done a good comparison between the old 360 head with and without glides as far as dry time?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Trespasser

Bjorn

if your only going to run 25 feet of hose either 2 inch or 1 1/2 will work just fine and not much to worry about the numbers

To be honest it ain't a big deal and don't worry about all the so called numbers E=mc2xLarRycoobeffect=megahype

if you also have a truck mount and all your hoses are 2 inch no need to carry 1 1/2 inch so every thing is 2 keep it simple

I have a 360 did change to 2 inch because everything I have is two inch
rotovacrevamp002.jpg

I do have greenglides hole glide and yes it works better than the stock glides

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Here is sme scientific reasoning to go with dins response if your porgy is plumbed with 2 in hose exhaust and can support the cfm of 2pm hos then it may be worth it to run two inch hose. Muted believes they have done this and so far many will agree tha they get better drying with the 2 in hose. But if they don't gaear it towards the larger hose you will not gain much if anything from the larger hose.

Back
Top Bottom