Is Bill Calvert the spokesperson for Powerclean? If so...

R

R W

Nothing worse than a TM that needs constant "babysitting". My Genesis, which is 5 years old, is running fine right now, but you have to keep up with the "little things". I just tightened the blower belts. That is a job that takes a contorsionist. My Genesis is mounted in the side door, which leaves very little room to crawl behind the back of the machine. You gotta suck in the gut to slide behind the machine to get to the bolts. You then wiggle out from there, walk around to the front seat of the truck, climb over the waste tank, and reach down behind the tank to the main adjusting bolt. Then it's back to the back of the machine to tighten the bolts. I get an occational blowover, but thats usually when carpets have previous "soap" in them.....from the homeowners Bissels. I'd like to refit mine with the vacuum diverter, and a new APO based on the Prochem diaphram pump. No belts to deal with.

Lora Olson

verycleancarpets said:
i'm not exactly happy with my genesis. it is now 1 year and 2 months old. approaching 500 hours, have had 6 impellers, new set of belts(at 400 hours???wtf?), alternator problems, and other burps on the way... i clean the waste tank every day, reffill it with 30 gallons, and then dump it clean(waht a friggin waste of water!), and still impellers go kaput! i'm going to upgrade to another pump out, gonna cost me probably 1800 after install. so... impellers, weak belts, wasted time(especially money, lost some customers too, because of down time!!!), arguing with powerclean for months, never fukkin again! fuk powerclean, i get 2 year warrenty that means jack shitt!! there is no warrenty! i come from a landscaping background. i always bought the best, never had any of these problems at all-kubota, wright, wacker, honda, cat, stihl, all virtually no problems!!! and some were bought years used! never down time! i don't know why the carpet cleaners don't work without bugs, but faulty machines hurt business.

Mike Call me. The APO Problem has been figured out. You neecd to lengthen the hose from the APO to the front of the machine and curve it up. What this does is keep water in the empeller so that it doesn't start up dry. Since we have done this empellers burning up have stopped. Don't spend any money until you try this $10 fix. Again call me and I'll be happy to talk with you and put you on the phone with My Service manager.

Greenie

Interesting seeing this thread dug up, It appears PowerClean has come a long way, not perfect, but definitley making an effort to resolve issues.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom