Is having a website necessary?

KOOSER55

Im thinking about if I should have a website for my company or is it just a bigger hassle? If i decide to have one any ideas if I should read up on how to make one or hire a professional?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No you don't need one. :shock:
You can sit at home and listen to your 8-tracks, as you read the newspaper and fax your estimates. :roll:

YOU NEED one!

It's just how business is done now. Pack it full of information and continue to change and update the site often.

Direct everyone to it and use it in all marketing material, it will be the best marketing money spent.

Hire a professional, unless you are proficient at building websites.
8)

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I have a tendency to look up the website of companies I do business with. Guys can work out of their home if they want, but if they have no website it seems they're not really serious about their business.

It doesn't cost much and is a great sales tool, so why go without?

PS: Even Odin, the guy so wealthy he cleans carpet for fun and only on odd days when the moon is full, has one.

keithk

It is a must. But only if it is done right. If you do a search for carpet cleaning and your city you have to be on the first page or it won't do you any good. So go with hiring a pro. Look up John Braun on here he can help you.

DevilDog

I would say get one...but find someone that can really give you a good look and understands how to have it optimized.

Give charles at NWEsource.com a jingle. He is very good. My site (not the shit that is there right now) will be excellent.

Also, you can contact Rich who is on this board and he'll tell you the same thing about Charles.

It is not just about a site. You have to promote the site. You want it to rank on the first page in a Google and Yahoo search for your area. You also need to direct everyone to your site with your marketing.

If well done you will get a lot of work from it over the next six months.

Get in the local directories though. The Yellow Pages are history for the most part.

DevilDog

KOOSER55

Does anyone have a ballpark price on how much it would cost to have it made?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
A few yrs back I was charged $100 per page.

I had six pages made, I cleaned for one.
Bought MS Frontpage for $300, added 20 pages myself.
Looking at SiteSpinner, a very simple WYSIWYG software for $50, better than FP.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Mine is 14 bucks a month.

Ist page. # 1-3 on the page out of over 100 carpet cleaning listings in my area.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom